Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 12:46:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Are these for any CCW or do they have limitations such as Professional only? Where did you find this info?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
How ever if you have a Professional premit to carry you can now carry in all 50 states consealed. Congress passed that law that went in effect  July1st 2005 I have talked to a Deputy in my department and he said they are even good in big cities like Chicago and NewYork where no premits are allowed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Wouldn't that be reasonable? Doesn't an FFL have the capability to transport firearms of all types, including those horribly evil MG's? I feel that any Class III FFL should have the right to carry concealed, at a minimum when they are working on Class III stuff.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
From what i understand if you are an LEO off duty you now can carry in all 50 states I am not sure about FFL holder. I will do some checking later this weekend and find the law.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Laws are not based in common sense.

Not arguing but agreeing. That is why I stated "reasonable". The law makers all use reasons and feelings so use the same words back to them!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a link to the LEO law.  I am a LEO and its that % of bad people out there is what makes it hard on the rest of the good poeple. I for one don't what everyone i pull over for speeding to have a gun in the car. You would need to treat ever traffic stop like a felony stop because you get someone in a bad mood or drunk and they might try to shoot there way out of a ticket. Not good for us cops.
Iam sure i stared a fight now

leaa.org/218/218text.html
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is a link to the LEO law.  I am a LEO and its that % of bad people out there is what makes it hard on the rest of the good poeple. I for one don't what everyone i pull over for speeding to have a gun in the car. You would need to treat ever traffic stop like a felony stop because you get someone in a bad mood or drunk and they might try to shoot there way out of a ticket. Not good for us cops.

Well, while I don't think you are going to start a fight with that statement, it is a little 'off' in my books.  If someone is carrying a firearm LEGALLY, with a permit, I would think there is a minimal chance of them deciding that they are going to use it on a police officer if they want to get out of a ticket, because, afterall, they will know that the officer has already called in their plates, etc, and if they kill someone, they are going to get caught...

Now, someone carrying ILLEGALLY, I would think the percentage would be much higher of something bad happening.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Or you could just treat everyone you pull over for speeding like your employer which we are.

I personally am glad that it's not up to people like you whether or not we get to carry a firearm with us everywhere we go.

You belong in a state like Iowa or Illinois because if you are scared of guns you would not make it long in places like Nebraska, South Dakota or Wyoming.

Don't make it to DesMoines very often but if we run into each other don't be suprised if I am better armed than your local Swat team.

myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/twoglocks.wmv

I think if you would research the statistice you would find that the areas of the country that have the least gun control laws will also have the lowest crime rates.  So more guns on the streets means less crime, not more.

not worth the time to type a reponse
P.S. go back to your NE forum this an Iowa forum
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, while I don't think you are going to start a fight with that statement, it is a little 'off' in my books.  If someone is carrying a firearm LEGALLY, with a permit, I would think there is a minimal chance of them deciding that they are going to use it on a police officer if they want to get out of a ticket, because, afterall, they will know that the officer has already called in their plates, etc, and if they kill someone, they are going to get caught...

Now, someone carrying ILLEGALLY, I would think the percentage would be much higher of something bad happening.

let me clear up my statement.
legal premits are ok they have gone thought a back ground check and class room training and some range time. That i have no problem with. Is the other ones that carry illeglly is what bothers me. Now if everyone in the state that wants to carry would go throught the channels above  would be ok. So if i misspoke iam sorry
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I will take a stance for the lower ranked deputies and police officers. I not being one, had the opportunity to serve the public after 9-11 as one of the military placed into the airports. After FAA approval we were trained by ILEA instructors and their general training was to suspect everyone! It not the lower guys fault it is the trainers misinformation. ILEA is the certification and training station for all of Iowas law enforcement.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
And treating everyone you stop for speeding like they have just commited a felony just because they could possibly have a firearm in the car is wrong, the fact you can not see this attitude is wrong is also wrong very wrong.

You treat people with respect and trust untill they prove otherwise.

Is there some special training for Iowa PD that they brain wash you that the populace you work for should not be trusted?  Or is that the type of person that Iowa just naturally hires?

No offenese intended, but maybe you should go back and watch your old re-runs of Mayberry RFD, with Andy, Aunt Be and Barney if you think L.E.O. should blindly trust the population.  Sadly the flip-side is that there are way to many People in law enforcement that have the "I am GOD" mentality or maybe do a little to much stero-typing of people, which usually are State Troopers, younger officers and sometimes older officers that have just seen to many bad things.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#20]
So David, please clarify. I for one don't think that everyone should, or would reasonably own MG's. I don't have a need for one, I can barely afford to feed the semi's I have! I think it would be cool to have the right to own them if I so choose, but alas, my state has chosen for me. So with that being said, according to your statement, I believe in reasonable limitations.  

In your best Darth Vader voice, sway me to the darkside!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok, so now you have made a connection between the chieseling of our individual freedoms all the way to what none of us want, a dictatorship. Good, and thank you!

Now what do you think of everything you have to do to own and posses machineguns? Do you think the government should have a right to know that you may posses them, or is a background check not needed in your veiws?

Oh and if I'm stopping on your thread let me know and I will start a new one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:21:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#25]
That makes alot of sense.

Thanks for the counter arguments! Care if I use them?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top