Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 7/7/2005 6:40:21 PM EDT
Well I think I have just about exuasted all measures I can use, so here is a long shot!

Does anyone know of any good paying jobs in southeast Iowa? Burlington area?

If you are looking for an apprentice or someone to help with gunsmithing I have alot of knowledge to use!

Link Posted: 7/8/2005 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, can't help.

SE Iowa is one of the most economically depressed areas in the country.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry, can't help.

I will seconded that.
Burlington seems worst than most areas around.  But if you like to work as a service type person than this is your town ( Burlington ) We have more dam resturants and stores than i care to count. I have heard Hawk Eye Concrete in Medioplies is hiring. They make the  machines that make concrete coverts. And USG hirers from time to time. They are a good place to work for the most part.  Their insurance sucks now but the rest of the benefits are ok.  But as for in Burlington itself its not very good at all for jobs.
And thats my 2 cents
later E3
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry, can't help.

I will seconded that.

Motion passed! It is offical Burlington and SE Iowa are depressed and poor!

Well, thanks for the help. E3 you talk as if you live very close to the area, ever go to DMC shooting range?
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Well, thanks for the help. E3 you talk as if you live very close to the area, ever go to DMC shooting range?

Yes i live in Burlington and yes i use the DMC shooting range. I dont get there as much as i would like to.  I use to live in the country south of town and i use to shoot out my back door literaly. i had a small 50 yrd range in my back yard but i had to get a bigger place to live the family got to big to be living in the old place and i couldn't afford to build and thing so i had to move to town.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I go to DMC shooting range almost weekly.  It's a fairly nice little gun range and it is pretty much all there is around here close.  They are making alot of improvments to the range, just hope they don't attract the occasional moron that I see up there.  You know the type... they know everything about anything, they become the range-master regardless of who was there first and they know all the rules, even if they make them up as they go...  They can out shoot anyone providing the wind isn't blowing, the sun isn't in their eye's or the best one "I just got over a cold"......

I meant this guy a couple of weeks ago that didn't like my wife shooting here AK or our pistols because she was a female and everyone knows they (women) don't belong in a man's sport.  Didn't like me and my father (who is 74, I am 44) shooting my AR15 or Beretta Storm because people with Assault style weapons are ruining the sport for everyone else...   Bet you all have your own stories of moron's like this  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you happen to have a CDL A?  If so I have a idea you might like. Email me if you do.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top