Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 10/5/2004 10:21:50 AM EDT
Anyone know of any tactical carbine classes being given anywhere between CR and Des Moines?  I'd be interested in attending one.

Also, are their any 3-gun matches coming up in that same area?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but if we can lock in 10 or so of us and a range; I am sure we can get a class up here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would certainly be interested in a carbine course.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be in... I know of some others that would be as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.warriormindset.com/Classes/TacRifle.htm

http://www.warriormindset.com/free.htm

"If there is no range rental you get one free slot for every 5 paying students."

Someone have a range to use for free, set this up an get free training. I am willing to be one of the 5 to pay for mine!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if any of the CR or Marion PD, or maybe Linn or Johnson County Sheriff's departments might be interested.  I will attempt to persue this.   TRI seems to be good quality.  The first thing is to find a range.   Matsell's Bridge is free, but I don't know if it is available to reserve.  I would have to contact the ranger station.  I'm not sure if it meets TRI's specs, either.

I will do some research on ranges to begin.  I will also try to determine if there is any interest on the PD side, also.

Karl
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The Ames Izaak Walton range might be an option.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Ames Izaak Walton range might be an option.

We generally run at least one three gun match a year in conjunction with out IDPA shoots.  No, IDPA doesn't sanction three gun.  But we run them anyway.
Shooting steel pepper poppers with bird shot is just waaaayyy to much fun.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I might be in.  Keep me in the loop if you could.  I'm in Nevada.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top