Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 8:55:06 PM EDT
Ok so I've got everybody's attention let me say what's on my mind...........................ok, there was something there but it has since escaped me.  Mainly I wanted to say let's post something on our Iowa Hometown forum!  I get tired of seeing a lot of other states talking about things so I thought I'd just start an open air topic and just vent what's on my mind and anyone else can just join in or start their own thread.  No one else is going to start topics about our state so the ball is in our court.  I've been so busy that I haven't shot since last year at the Iowa Shoot in October in Tama, don't know when I'm going to be able to go shooting again either.  Shameless plug here but if you're interested in something different to surprise someone on Mothers Day check out www.importedglass.com or our store in Southridge Mall.  We sell Czech crystal that we import directly from 8 factories while we are over there...shameless rant mode off.  Ok the other thing I want to talk about is the link from equipment exchange forum to the hometown forum when something is for sale in your state, that was very handy and I appreciated it.  Don't know if it was taken away in the new format now because it was a pain in the ass, or if they felt it was not needed,  but I have an ALTERNATIVE...I will state what I have in my collection that is just collecting dust and if someone in this state (don't like to travel or mail anything to anyone outside the state) was to e-mail me and ask me what it would take to relieve me of this unnecessary dusting I could respond with an amount that would equal the amount of labor and dusting supplies it would take to keep everything dust-free for the distant future.  NONE of the following are presently listed for sale anywhere else so these are the dusty guns I don't have time or cleaning supplies to properly maintain:   SP-1, Beta-C mag, Tec-22 preban, SAR-3 NIB, Marlin Camp-9, Marlin Camp 45, NIB Colt 9mm AR upper, NIB Colt 7.62X39 upper, NIB Ruger 10/22, LNIB Savage .22lr blue bull barrel w/Tasco scope, JC Higgins 20 gauge repeater shotgun, CZ-452 .22lr rifle NIB.  Consider this like a homeless shelter for firearms needing a good Iowegian home that's free of dust and can be properly maintained.  Well thanks for listening to me and putting up with my block style of writing as parentheses are for...Missourians
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
So whats REALLY on your mind?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure I saw a period in there somewhere.

Haven't been shooting since OCTOBER!!!

You need to call in sick, 'cause you is!

I'd like to take over the Dusting Duty on your SP-1, but I is currently broke. So broke, I haven't even looked at the Gun Show schedule since Christmas, which is truely, truely sad.

I have been shooting, though.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes there were plenty of periods in there...just no parentheses!  The only way I could go shooting last October was call in sick for the Iowa shoot outside of Tama.  Sniper has seen the SP-1 and it's nice...just covered with dust though.  Sorry to hear about the financial situation as the SP-1 could use about $1,000 worth of cleaning supplies to make it better
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top