Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

What is going on (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2022 7:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbleArcher]
I'm fortunate enough to be able to get across the state so I'm going to change this to a general what's happening across the state thread. We're kind of a dull forum

I left the east side this morning and is was warm and beautiful. Then this happened:

This state is so bipolar.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a dirt blizzard where I live today. Down to 100 yard visibility or so. Dirt coming in under doors and dirt drifts in the ditch.
This wind is getting old. I’ll take it over a snow blizzard I guess.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EastRiverSD:
It was a dirt blizzard where I live today. Down to 100 yard visibility or so. Dirt coming in under doors and dirt drifts in the ditch.
This wind is getting old. I’ll take it over a snow blizzard I guess.
View Quote

I went from a dust bowl starting at Humboldt to a blizzard at Wall. Weird day. But the Tinder Box was open so life's good.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Badlands were nice last night.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Also do you guys have a wizard just roaming in Rapid? Stopped in qudoba and no shit dude is in a robe, staff and everything just hammering some nachos and queso.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
This guy?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Thats him!
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

Thats him!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thats him!
Asked a friend from out there if there was a roaming wizard in Rapid and here was her reply: "We do! He walks by our office fairly regularly. I'm glad he's getting to be so well known. Rapid is super fucking weird."
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like someone from GD escaped their moms basement
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
If your ever in the southeast corner and want some chicken Toby's in Meckling is pretty good.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Just another day in Sioux Falls.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If your ever in the southeast corner and want some chicken Toby's in Meckling is pretty good.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/Snapchat-1306701721-2408693.jpg
View Quote
Looks like a new place for me to try. I love taking motorcycle day trips to small towns to try new places to eat lunch.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Looks like a new place for me to try. I love taking motorcycle day trips to small towns to try new places to eat lunch.
View All Quotes

My wife and I do that same thing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:

View All Quotes

I have been known to ride 3hrs to Wayne, NE just to eat at Runza.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Not meaning this to be a thread entirely about food, but I was in Sioux Falls and checked out the Let Me Be Frank hot dog stand.

It was decent, nothing mind blowing. 12 bucks for the dog, water, and chips.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Not meaning this to be a thread entirely about food, but I was in Sioux Falls and checked out the Let Me Be Frank hot dog stand.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/20220607_123431-2411292.jpg
It was decent, nothing mind blowing. 12 bucks for the dog, water, and chips.
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Hidden-Food-Gems-in-SD-/40-662403/
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

Wife and I are contemplating a trip to Denver to get In-N-Out. There and back in one day.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Sioux Falls isn't a bad place.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Up top in the Denny today.

Fun fact: the entire assembly that controls the giant display moves horizontally as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Setting up in the Dome for the SDHSAA all star football game.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Setting up in the Dome for the SDHSAA all star football game.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/20220610_114458-2413518.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Gameday, looks like pretty good turnout.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/20220611_124121-2414581.jpg

Gameday, looks like pretty good turnout.
View Quote

LOL.  Good old SD.  I remember having to go to my sister's all star basketball game back in '88.  I see nothing much has changed in terms of spectator support.  Pretty much just the family.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Apparently the wizard has lost his cloak

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
LOL.  Good old SD.  I remember having to go to my sister's all star basketball game back in '88.  I see nothing much has changed in terms of spectator support.  Pretty much just the family.
View Quote

No one wants to go to Vermillion.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#27]
If you're current .mil or former .mil the STORM is having their military appreciation game tonight with kickoff at 7:05, and if you show anything proving your service you get free tickets.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Some of the Soldiers who were supporting that game reported that while they were in public they were flipped off or yelled at. I could write it off as they were doing something dumb but I got to witness one of the yelling incidents. I understand the left is angry. But I had mostly young Americans just starting a military career and they are proud of what they've done, and it sucks they have to be exposed to that kind of thing. In South Dakota of all places.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Some of the Soldiers who were supporting that game reported that while they were in public they were flipped off or yelled at. I could write it off as they were doing something dumb but I got to witness one of the yelling incidents. I understand the left is angry. But I had mostly young Americans just starting a military career and they are proud of what they've done, and it sucks they have to be exposed to that kind of thing. In South Dakota of all places.
View Quote

After Vietnam soldiers were disrespected for being “baby killers”
Apparently now, 50 years later, soldiers are being disrespected for representing a government for placing restrictions on killing babies.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 5:19:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#30]
nevermind
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Lots of small town celebrations happening this weekend, any that are particularly awesome? Ill be in the Lennox parade Monday the 4th.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Great turnout for Gayvilles parade this morning.

Its the towns 150th so theyll have stuff going on all day if anyone is in this area.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#33]
The Menno parade had a outhouse on a trailer with a sign that said "Pelosi - Speaker of the outhouse. Free samples inside" with a "Lets Go Brandon" flag.
No one was offended.
God Bless America
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I was in Sioux Falls for work last week and saw a tall skinny bearded dude wearing a sundress and cardigan, some kind of floppy hat, and cowboy boots. Can you SF guys try a little harder to run the weirdos off?

Nice attendance at the Fort Pierre parade and rodeo this weekend. Fort Pierre fireworks were great. We’ve had enough rain lately they didn’t start any grass fires this year.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Rider_No2:
I was in Sioux Falls for work last week and saw a tall skinny bearded dude wearing a sundress and cardigan, some kind of floppy hat, and cowboy boots. Can you SF guys try a little harder to run the weirdos off?

Nice attendance at the Fort Pierre parade and rodeo this weekend. Fort Pierre fireworks were great. We’ve had enough rain lately they didn’t start any grass fires this year.
View Quote

It's institutionalized in SF now.  Noem did too good of a job selling the state and the city is changing fast.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#36]

It's institutionalized in SF now.  Noem did too good of a job selling the state and the city is changing fast.
View All Quotes

Nice attendance at the Fort Pierre parade and rodeo this weekend. Fort Pierre fireworks were great. We've had enough rain lately they didn't start any grass fires this year.

Let's be fair: Sioux Falls has been turning into a shithole for much longer than Noem's been governor.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Let's be fair: Sioux Falls has been turning into a shithole for much longer than Noem's been governor.
View All Quotes

Nice attendance at the Fort Pierre parade and rodeo this weekend. Fort Pierre fireworks were great. We've had enough rain lately they didn't start any grass fires this year.

It's not called Sewer Falls for nothing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Bigger cities are always going to draw that in because of convenience and amenities. It would be nice to see the governor try to encourage development in other parts of the state, lest Sioux Falls become our Chicago. That’s probably closer than a lot of people realize.

Rapid City has its own weirdness but feels a bit more like Denver. Sioux Falls feels like Milwaukee. I’m just grateful to be right smack in the middle, where it’s like going back in time to the mid-1990s.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#39]
SD Chislic Fest

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Bigger cities are always going to draw that in because of convenience and amenities. It would be nice to see the governor try to encourage development in other parts of the state, lest Sioux Falls become our Chicago. That’s probably closer than a lot of people realize.

Rapid City has its own weirdness but feels a bit more like Denver. Sioux Falls feels like Milwaukee. I’m just grateful to be right smack in the middle, where it’s like going back in time to the mid-1990s.
View All Quotes

Pretty much this.  Aside from college, I've lived in SF all my life.  It's never been Nirvana, I get that.  But I can tell you that over the past 2 years it has most definitely changed for the worse.  There are far more "transplants" then ever before and town has paid for it.  If RC, Brookings, or Watertown wants to take some of these folks, they sure are welcome to do so.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Pretty much this.  Aside from college, I've lived in SF all my life.  It's never been Nirvana, I get that.  But I can tell you that over the past 2 years it has most definitely changed for the worse.  There are far more "transplants" then ever before and town has paid for it.  If RC, Brookings, or Watertown wants to take some of these folks, they sure are welcome to do so.
View Quote

Fuck that. I don't even want Sioux Falls transplants over here.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm looking for someone to chop a shotgun barrel in the SE portion of the state, does anyone have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm looking for someone to chop a shotgun barrel in the SE portion of the state, does anyone have any recommendations?
View Quote
Gary's in SF?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Gary's in SF?
View All Quotes
Gary's in SF?

Went in and talked to their gunsmith. I will not be doing business there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Gary's in SF?

Well that sucks. The one time I took a small project in they treated me good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Common theme with them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Gary's has been shit for awhile now. It was awesome in the 90's and early 2000's
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Noticed there's some whitetail antlerless tags available, anyone know how the are north of Belle Fourche is for does?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Wonder if all our transplants from California are regretting their decision today.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
What is going on (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top