Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2022 11:11:48 AM EDT
My wife and I visited SD and fell in love with the state, the people, freedom and everything available to do there.  We really like the limited population, the friendly residents and most of all...did I mention freedom?

We found a lot in the southern Black Hills and hope to have a small house finished there later this year.

Rest assured, we are not moving to vote to change anything, we love the area and will assimilate just fine.  We've already made several friends there and are now like little kids on Christmas Eve.

I can't wait to enjoy your hiking, fishing, camping and beautiful views.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome! We're glad to have you. I really wonder how our next census is going to go with all the people we're having move in from out of state. Sure hope we stay bright red.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Moving to SD Next Month.
Long time coming!
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:58:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drbair] [#4]
Thanks everyone.  I guarantee that we will be doing nothing to try and change South Dakota!  We are hardcore conservatives and truly love freedom.  Currently we live in PA, but in what my father always called Pennsyltucky.  That's the normal part of the state that's not Philly or Pittsburgh.  The area we are in is becoming more and more built up and just can't take it anymore.

As far as the first post thing, I was a member in the 90's and forgot my password/changed my email address and just lurked ever since.

We are so very excited to move and hope to finish our years in your beautiful state.

Our plan was always to purchase an existing house, but found we either couldn't afford it or were too slow in trying to buy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to my end of the state.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget the incoming ammo tax!
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By meltdown:

Yes we all know west river is the best side of the state.
Just like which Dakota is better

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:

Well I didn't say that but since you brought it up......West River best river.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Really nice place to visit which is the biggest reason not to live there (from the right side of the state)
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Tourists ? Really?
I prefer the pace of life and the outlook of the people west river.
We might need a poll
View Quote

DO EEET!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top