Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2021 9:20:31 PM EDT
We are looking to escape Nevada (mini california) and have been looking at South Dakota.  Does anyone have any information on the hospitals in the area and if they are requiring the vax??
Are there mask mandates there or not??
Are there areas to avoid, if so where?
We have 4 large dogs so will be looking for a small bit of land.  I don't think we would be very popular with our neighbors if we lived in town with a small yard and close neighbors as our dogs are quite a "talkative" bunch.
Thank you in advance for any information.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of NV? I moved here from Henderson back in March. Yes, having 4 dogs barking will not make you popular in residential areas- biggest complaint on the local facefuck page. I don't know about hospitals, but there are no mask mandates anywhere except public transportation. As far as I know, have not heard about clot shot mandates locally, but I would expect it would be the big national chains that have over 100 employees would be the only places that would mandate it. If you are having a home built or remodelling a fixer upper, be prepared to wait. Contractors and tradesmen are booked the fuck out and half don't respond or return phone call and email queries. I would be cautious if buying a newly built home due to the demand and speed they are cranking them out- do NOT waive inspection on new homes! Overall, people are more friendlier up here and not as asshole-ish as in klark kounty NV, but be aware that pro-biden sentiment and pro- mask/vax mandate are NOT popular sentiments up here. There is worry that too many big city good idea fairies will move up here and fuck it all up, and as a former kalifornian, I get it. I tell people first hand that we gotta keep out that blue state bullshit at all costs, I lived it and I know how much it sucks. The major thing to get used to up here is that most places actually close by 10pm and we don't have all the national brands- in the Rapid City area we have no Home Depot or Costco.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By NavyMom18:
We are looking to escape Nevada (mini california) and have been looking at South Dakota.  Does anyone have any information on the hospitals in the area and if they are requiring the vax??
Are there mask mandates there or not??
Are there areas to avoid, if so where?
We have 4 large dogs so will be looking for a small bit of land.  I don't think we would be very popular with our neighbors if we lived in town with a small yard and close neighbors as our dogs are quite a "talkative" bunch.
Thank you in advance for any information.
View Quote

There are no state or city mandates that I know of. Hospitals will likely be mandating the jab for employees, and I'm sure other large employers will comply as well.

At this time there's no problem shopping or using services if you are unmasked/unvaxxed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The only hospital here has mandated vaccinations for all employees.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Mandates for employees, or patients?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested about mandates for employees.  
Also curious if they are honoring religious and medical exemptions.

Thank you all for any and all information, we truly appreciate it!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote

Noem and the legislature need to get back to work on banning all employer and local government mandates.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Main hospital on the west side of the state is mandating for employees. They are accepting exemption requests, but there's no guarantee they will grant it.

My gut says very few will be exempt.

Unless Noem et. al. can stand up to the federal bullying, this will be the norm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By b_saan:

Noem and the legislature need to get back to work on banning all employer and local government mandates.
View Quote

IIRC, she said she will not push to pass/sign a law prohibiting employers from mandating the clot shot since it should be the business owner's choice. She said it is not the .gov place to tell businesses what to do. I get where her thinking is on this, but this just means that large national brand employers can be bullied by the woke mob with doxxing and cancel culture to mandate the clot shot for their employees.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
I'd be willing to bet that most hospitals in the state have, or will have, vaccine mandates for employees. I could be wrong though. I know for sure there won't be any kind of state mandate for employers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 9:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#10]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Mandates for employees, or patients?
View Quote

Employees.  My son is one of them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Sanford, Avera McKennan, and Monument health systems are requiring employee vaccinations.  The last time I was at Sanford, they were requiring masking for all patients and visitors.  Noem isn't going to get involved in this either.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
Sanford, Avera McKennan, and Monument health systems are requiring employee vaccinations.  The last time I was at Sanford, they were requiring masking for all patients and visitors.  Noem isn't going to get involved in this either.
View Quote

She's seriously trending down in my estimation, first the tranny sports bill failure and mucking around with the pot referendums, then her failure of leadership on the AG investigation/impeachment and now her failure to support individual health rights.  Her national political career is edging close to being over before it's begun and at this point I'm getting close to supporting any other Republican in 2022.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#13]

She's seriously trending down in my estimation, first the tranny sports bill failure and mucking around with the pot referendums, then her failure of leadership on the AG investigation/impeachment and now her failure to support individual health rights.  Her national political career is edging close to being over before it's begun and at this point I'm getting close to supporting any other Republican in 2022.
View Quote

I am a new SD resident, but I am starting to wonder about her too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
Failure of leadership on the AG investigation/impeachment? You'll have to explain that one to me. When it happened, she called on him to resign. After he was convicted, She went to the legislature and said, "I want this guy impeached." I could be off base here, but I don't think she has the power to summarily discharge him. I'm pretty sure the legislature has to do it. As far as the individual health rights issue, does not a business have the right to run as its directors see fit? What happened to "their business, their rules?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top