Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2021 4:14:07 PM EDT
I moved to Summerset and need a place where I can shoot out to 500 yards. The longest distance I see mentioned online at local ranges is 200 yards. I am looking for some land to buy and use as my private range, but I need someplace to go in the meantime. Is there any BLM land or range within an hour drive of Summerset (I90 and Peaceful Pines)?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
How much do you talk? I know a place that can get you to 1k. I don't shoot there anymore because I have my own shooting range now but it was a hidden gem for me and some friends for a while that I don't want to see turned into another Beretta road.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chargerkid5:
How much do you talk? I know a place that can get you to 1k. I don't shoot there anymore because I have my own shooting range now but it was a hidden gem for me and some friends for a while that I don't want to see turned into another Beretta road.
View Quote

I don't talk since I have no one to talk to. I assume Beretta Road you speak of is a shell casing littered dump? I had the same problem back in NV- the BLM land was trashed by people who dragged out old appliances and propane tanks to shoot at and left out there making it a dump. And gun owners there wonder why BLM land keeps getting closed off to shooting back there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats precisely what I'm talking about. I'll pm you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#4]
Fall River Gun Club has steel at various distances out to 800y but its about at your max distance of one hour.

@TrucksAndGuns
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chargerkid5:
Thats precisely what I'm talking about. I'll pm you.
View Quote

Thanks for the PM. Gonna go out and zero an AR after saturday-taking a CCW class.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Fall River Gun Club has steel at various distances out to 800y but its about at your max distance of one hour.

@TrucksAndGuns
View Quote

Sweet, just like my former range in NV that had steel targets out to 1000 yards. Boulder Rifle Pistol Club is the only thing I miss about NV.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know exactly the range but visually it looks like 300 or 400 but the sturgis gun club range across from the Buffalo chip looks decent. More of an actual range with covered shooting benches and very light use.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TrucksAndGuns:

Sweet, just like my former range in NV that had steel targets out to 1000 yards. Boulder Rifle Pistol Club is the only thing I miss about NV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TrucksAndGuns:
Originally Posted By Hking:

@TrucksAndGuns

I was stationed at Nellis for 8 years.  I definitely took all the open land and ranges for granted.  Haven’t lived in a place with those opportunities since.  It’s a bummer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ANIMUS:

I was stationed at Nellis for 8 years.  I definitely took all the open land and ranges for granted.  Haven’t lived in a place with those opportunities since.  It’s a bummer.
View Quote

Yeah, one of the very few things I miss from Nevada. I am looking to buy enough acreage where I can shoot at least a few hundred yards. Having my own private range is my dream.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top