Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 6/23/2016 1:30:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Shhh.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
We're a quiet bunch. Totally unrelated, I'm stoked to be checking out the Hartford range today for the first time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you talking about Hunters Pointe?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I was. It's an awesome range, I really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you shoot on the 600 range? Someone told me you have to prove you can hit at 200 first? True?

We shoot at 200 regularly, but would like to practice further.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did you shoot on the 600 range? Someone told me you have to prove you can hit at 200 first? True?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We set up, shot steel at 200 then started working our way to the 300, 400 and finally the six. No one said anything to us, so I'm pretty sure you'd be good to go. I think as long as you're not an asshole they pretty much leave you alone.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Fantastic!

Look at us go, Meltdown. Like a regular group of chatty hens.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I havent been to the range portion just shot the sporting clays for a few events.

Fun course although there are a few spots where with the wrong wind they have to toss clays differently which leads to pelting other station shooters.

I caught a few BBs last time I was there and they sting

The owner seems like a real nice guy and personable.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I just got back to Missouri from your state. I popped a few prairie dogs while there, camped in spearfish canyon, visited Mt Rushmore and had a catastrophic electrical failure in my truck. It still sits at the shop in rapid city, they  cant seems to get it squared away. I'll go back out in a couple weeks and get it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just got back to Missouri from your state. I popped a few prairie dogs while there, camped in spearfish canyon, visited Mt Rushmore and had a catastrophic electrical failure in my truck. It still sits at the shop in rapid city, they  cant seems to get it squared away. I'll go back out in a couple weeks and get it.
View Quote

What shop?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What shop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What shop?

Dodge dealer in Rapid City. Dodge Town I believe.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I havent been to the range portion just shot the sporting clays for a few events.

Fun course although there are a few spots where with the wrong wind they have to toss clays differently which leads to pelting other station shooters.

I caught a few BBs last time I was there and they sting

The owner seems like a real nice guy and personable.

View Quote

I can second what you said about sporting clays.  I have also used the rifle range and it is a nice set up but the per day fee is a little high for me.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The daily fee is what has kept us away until now. We have access to 200, but need to stretch out before a western deer hunt.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Truck is ready, looks like I'll be back to your state soon!
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Now that summer is half over we will finally be able to shoot a USPSA match this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I suppose everyone is too busy prepping for hunting season to talk.

We got paddlefish tags!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#22]
We're busy trying to squeeze in as much motorcycle riding and shooting as possible before winter hits.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like most of the activity is on your side of the state. Not much out West for ranges or events, and they are usually poorly timed for me.

*bump*
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I was just out west last week doing some fly fishing(some work mixed in there too). Weather was perfect and looked like the tourists were starting to clear out.

Didnt want to come back to the cornfields
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I visited two relatively new gun shops last week. Blue Collar Tactical in Sioux Falls and Gunway in Harrisburg. Gunway has a cool simulator and live fire all in one setup. Looks very interesting.  

Blue Collar Tactical had a good inventory and prices to match.

Now is the time to buy.

I am not affiliated with either entity.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#28]
SoDak Sports is opening a shop in Mitchell. They are based out of Aberdeen and are fantastic people to deal with, probably my fav gun shop in the Midwest.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Ha! Glad it rained.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I will have to go check this place out. Thanks.
http://www.bluecollarfirearms.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I visited two relatively new gun shops last week. Blue Collar Tactical in Sioux Falls and Gunway in Harrisburg. Gunway has a cool simulator and live fire all in one setup. Looks very interesting.  

Blue Collar Tactical had a good inventory and prices to match.

Now is the time to buy.

I am not affiliated with either entity.

I will have to go check this place out. Thanks.
http://www.bluecollarfirearms.com

I would recommend following Blue Collar Tactical on Facebook if possible. Posts deals all the time on there! Best for FFL transfers in the Sioux Falls area IMO.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Any of you fellas live around Deadwood? I'll be cycling through there Tuesday, looking to grab food and drinks for dinner. I'll prob be getting a beer in Sturgis as well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any of you fellas live around Deadwood? I'll be cycling through there Tuesday, looking to grab food and drinks for dinner. I'll prob be getting a beer in Sturgis as well.
View Quote

I live in Rapid City but I have that pesky work thing on Tuesday. The weather forecast looks like the nicest day of the week on Tuesday. Ride safe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I live in Rapid City but I have that pesky work thing on Tuesday. The weather forecast looks like the nicest day of the week on Tuesday. Ride safe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks. I'm breaking outta enemy lines in a few hours, heading to the Badlands and then going to mosey around Rapid City to refill on coffee and whiskey. I look forward to taking the road bike around the Black Hills for a few days. I'll definitely report back on the brewery thread on where I chose to visit. I hope the Black Hills Burger & Bun burger isn't a let down!

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:54:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks. I'm breaking outta enemy lines in a few hours, heading to the Badlands and then going to mosey around Rapid City to refill on coffee and whiskey. I look forward to taking the road bike around the Black Hills for a few days. I'll definitely report back on the brewery thread on where I chose to visit. I hope the Black Hills Burger & Bun burger isn't a let down!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not. Be prepared to wait for seating.

What are you riding?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#36]
9-speed road bicycle
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#37]
As someone in Rapid City this place sucks for ranges. Luckily I can just run home to Lemmon and have all the public land in the world to shoot dogs on. Wouldn't hate making some shooting friends though!
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Miles of public land around Rapid.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Only problem with public land is the lack of permanent shooting structures like benches or gongs. But I really do need to look into good prairie dog colonies in the area I would assume most are shot at all the time.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Only problem with public land is the lack of permanent shooting structures like benches or gongs. But I really do need to look into good prairie dog colonies in the area I would assume most are shot at all the time.
View Quote

If you don't mind walking a bit I know of one that would be really fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#42]
A month between posts. We really are chatty bunch.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#43]
we sure are this makes three in one day.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Brrr...

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I like sledding with the kids and skiing with the wife, other than that spring can get here anytime.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Got a new truck so I was curious to see how it would be in the snow...Also bought a snowblower. Now the snow can go away
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got a new truck so I was curious to see how it would be in the snow...Also bought a snowblower. Now the snow can go away
View Quote

My first snowblower was fun for about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have fun EVERY time I use my snowblower because I don't have to shovel.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top