Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 11:51:55 PM EDT
My family is based out of northwest Iowa around the okoboji area. Whole family enjoys shooting but none of them have gone out for any type of competitive shooting or the likes. I'm trying to find someplace that has steady IDPA practical shooting or tactical rifle shoots. I think traveling anywhere in eastern SD wouldn't be too far of a drive for them if it was a promising shoot. I'm just interested in getting them out shooting with others in a new environment. Any info on clubs that are open to outsiders for shoots would be great. Couple AR's in the house 1911s no shotguns for three gun though. Again any info anyone can pass on would be great. Thanks in advance for any help guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Meltdown thanks a bunch this was exactly what I was looking for.  I forgot that IDPA had a by state listing.  I know SF area is not a bad drive at all and dad regularly goes out there for ammo ect.  Dad and older brother got there Utah carry out there as well.

Looking at the schedual it showed the last event being sept 5.  Will they be having another event in october or was that it for the year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to shoot the three gun on the 19th I have a shotgun you can use.  

jay
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you very much for the offer.  I don't know if any of them are quite ready to jump into three gun yet.  I have a benelli m3 sitting at home as well that they could use but we are talking about my dad and younger brother neither of which has done much of anything with tac shotgun.

This is in sioux falls though the three gun match?  Id like for at least my younger brother to come out and watch.  He is a bit on the shy side and I would love to see him out getting involved in more shooting sports.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
yankton sharpshooters just outside of yankton runs cmp and nra service rifle and sporting rifle matches, m1 garand matches, and registered small bore (22 rimfire at 50, 100, and 200 yards). there's talk about adding eic (excellence in competition) pistol matches next year, but hasn't been done yet.

for the state championships there were plenty of guys from iowa and nebraska there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top