Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2010 1:00:38 PM EDT
Did some 100 to 400 meter shooting with the ar's and out to 700 meters with my buddies .308. Great day for shooting out there we got drizzled on a lillte from time to time but still a great day. My buddy's can showed up so he was pumped.  Now for the not so great part, I hope its not any arfcomers, but who the fuck brings a plasma screen tv out into the hills and blasts the shit out of and just leaves it lay? Why do people feel the need to blast a jack pine in half with a shotgun? Just wait, pretty soon we won't have any places to shoot. Its starting to look like beretta road out there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds like a good day, except for the trash laying around. Did you guys pick up any of it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
To wear out the old hippie adage, I always pack out more than I pack in.  If I ever see anyone dump off something large like that and leave it, I will be turning their license info in to the Forrest Circus.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That sounds like a good day, except for the trash laying around. Did you guys pick up any of it?

We picked up quite a bit of trash. I drove my sti out there and I wasn't about to try and fit the 50in tv in there, plus there was glass falling off and shit hanging out of it. Next time I go out I'm going to take my brothers truck and clean up the target area better. I love that shooting spot, by far my favorite, beautiful area.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We picked up quite a bit of trash. I drove my sti out there and I wasn't about to try and fit the 50in tv in there, plus there was glass falling off and shit hanging out of it. Next time I go out I'm going to take my brothers truck and clean up the target area better. I love that shooting spot, by far my favorite, beautiful area.

If you want to declare an official clean-up/shoot day, say the word.  I have a few pick-ups and, of course, plenty of toys to shoot.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to declare an official clean-up/shoot day, say the word.  I have a few pick-ups and, of course, plenty of toys to shoot.

+1. I would be all for a shoot and clean. Have a few other friends that would be more than happy to partake. I always come out of berreta rd looking like a junk dealer. Gotta check out gov field. Never been there yet and I have been here for 4 yrs.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be all for a shoot and clean. If you guys want to put something together IM me and I will get you my contact info. I would like to meet some of you guys.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#7]
In on this aswell.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm tied up Saturday, but Sunday should be good if any of you want to do it this week.

Next weekend is M-Day weekend and I should be free Sat. & Sun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2010 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Surly, read your other post in the shooting group thread. I never got a chance to load up any .308s yesterday so today wouldn't have worked so good for me anyway. I spend most of the time shooting at distance. Although I need to work on getting better with my other guns and shooting off-hand with my ar.  I think next weekend my parents are going to be in town but I still want to get out and shoot with you so if next weekend works for you let me know and I will try and make it out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2010 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#10]
SHouldn't be a problem.  I'm pretty much planning on Saturday, as that's usually the day I shoot.  I got everything done today around here that needed doing so I'll be good to go.

Hell, bring your folks out and have them shoot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm still up for being there around 11:00 on Saturday.  Come one, come all and do some shooting!
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Directions to Govt Field?

Never been there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm still up for being there around 11:00 on Saturday.  Come one, come all and do some shooting!

I'm thinking that I will be there aswell, with my dad and brother. My brother might want to go to farmingdale, but we will see.  I would rather go to govt. field myself.  Maybe we will see you there.
I have heard you say more than once that you got some "toys", and I want to see them. Hoping its some class three stuff

RM
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#14]
That can be arranged...bring some 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Had a blast today. Thanks for letting us take your MG for a spin. And your help cleaning up Govt. Field. In that little bit of time we make a big difference in the way it looks out there. Next time I'll bring my bolt guns so we can stretch the legs a bit.

Nice to meet you.
BTW I googled sten gun, I was way off. I don't know shit about any of the guns you had today, other than I want one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had a blast today. Thanks for letting us take your MG for a spin. And your help cleaning up Govt. Field. In that little bit of time we make a big difference in the way it looks out there. Next time I'll bring my bolt guns so we can stretch the legs a bit.

Nice to meet you.
BTW I googled sten gun, I was way off. I don't know shit about any of the guns you had today, other than I want one.

Nice meeting you all and the cleaning made a big difference.

I replaced the bolt on the 760 and it should be 100% now.  I'm going to have to take it out and test it to make sure...what a hassle.

The next go around I'll bring a .308 or two for the longer range.  I'm working on a tower for a C-mag for the 760.  Once I get it together, I'll need to do some T&E.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I'm pretty sure were heading back out there today again to test some of my dads loads. Maybe we will see you out there. Its looks like a perfect day to do some shooting.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be up at VL on Saturday...never been there and I want to check it out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Last weekend my Dad, brother, and me went out to Govt field. We shot at 725 825 and 925 yards. We just got set up and I heard a four wheeler out in the distance so we waited a bit. I guy with his

wife and kids come down out of the trees on the south end of place. They didn't see us, but they were dicking around down by my steel gong. I'm likeWTF so I took out my glock and fired a few

shots into the normal shooting area and when he looked up at us my brother waived his arms at him. I see his wife jump off the four wheeler and he comes haulin ass up to us saying you can't be

shooting down that way your suppose to be shooting over there, pointing at the 100 yard area. I say where in the hell did you guys come from? I didn't know there was a way to enter from the back

side. He says, I live out here and you can get all the way to the highway from there. I say sorry but this is forest service land and I can shoot anywhere I want. He spins out and hauls ass back

towards his wife and kids not staying on the trails or anything. So I yell make sure you stay on the established trails.  So he hangs out down by my targets and my brother whipped out the

tannerite, we touched that off and he got the fuck out of there. I also checked my forest service map and it shows the road dead ends down at the end a little further than my gongs.So really he

shouldn't have been driving off established trails, not? I don't want to be unsafe or anything but it seems you just can't get away from everyone.

RM
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted: I don't want to be unsafe or anything but it seems you just can't get away from everyone.

RM

The schmucks have a strange way of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Glad to hear nobody was hurt.  I do like the pest control factor the Tannerite seems to possess though.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#21]
It seems the ATV and dirt bike crowd out there has a history of being assholes from everything Ive ever read.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#22]
They put in a power line back at the far east end of govt fields and now there is a road to the highway pretty much. the trail goes east for quite a ways, on the maps it might be a bit decieving beacuse the trail drops in elevation and twists around so much. There is a bunch of mines down there and a some streams its pretty cool. ohh and at the end of the open valley due south is a house and no more than a half mile. that area is pretty populated anymore.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish that the forest service or whoever would just designate a spot for shooting and shooting only. And a spot for ATV riding only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top