Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2009 8:55:23 AM EDT
Do any of you guys know if it is legal to carry a spring assist knife(not switchblade) in ND?  

Also it's legal to own a butterfly knife just not to carry correct?  Same with a 1918 trench knife?
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=820472

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I called to local PD, and apparently he said a spring assist is illegal. Not state wide but it's a city ordinance. It says that "springblade" knives are illegal, and he said its classified as a spring blade.

I would disagree with that and maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about.  Just uninformed about the differences. What do you think?
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I am unsure what the knife laws are in the state, hopefully NAM or someone else will be by to educate us.  I know a few Guard guys that have auto knives in Fargo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Autos are legal. However, they are considered a dangerous weapon. So if you are carrying one, you must have a CCW.

I love my OTF Microtech

Spring assist? Might be considered a "gravity knife"

""Dangerous weapon" includes any switchblade or gravity knife, machete, scimitar,
stiletto, sword, dagger, or knife with a blade of five inches [12.7 centimeters] or
more; any throwing star, nunchaku, or other martial arts weapon; any billy, blackjack,
sap, bludgeon, cudgel, metal knuckles, or sand club; any slungshot; any bow and
arrow, crossbow, or spear; any stun gun; any weapon that will expel, or is readily
capable of expelling, a projectile by the action of a spring, compressed air, or
compressed gas including any such weapon, loaded or unloaded, commonly
referred to as a BB gun, air rifle, or CO2 gun; and any projector of a bomb or any
object containing or capable of producing and emitting any noxious liquid, gas, or
substance."

Also going to want to keep away from a liquor esablishment while carrying an auto.

Here's a good place for ND weapon laws....the century code http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t621.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top