Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 1:13:41 PM EDT
I am unfortunate and do not have a area of land to shoot on so where is the best range I can go to.  Prices would be nice too. Gotta get some rounds through my new AR and make sure it works
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Garretson sportsmans club 20 bucks a year last I checked...100yrd range outdoor
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesnt sound bad.  Had to improvise tonight.  Buddies dad owns a large gravel pit- Even got the G/F to shoot a few haha funny stuff.  Im guy in the gray-

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
We'd love to see more pictures of your girl friend.  Oh, and she can be shooting your AR too if you like.  We won't mind.  HAHAHAHAHA.  Nice looking gun you've got there.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We'd love to see more pictures of your girl friend.  Oh, and she can be shooting your AR too if you like.  We won't mind.  HAHAHAHAHA.  Nice looking gun you've got there.

Break it up. Nothing to see here
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
http://www.sfpracticalshooters.com/

That gravel pit looks purty.  A hell of a machinegun shoot could be organized there.

Its actually really nice and surrounded by a bowl shape.  Its tucked way back behind about 3 more gravel pits.  

Only problem is I cant go there without my buddy(not a huge deal although he isnt always available) and we dont know if his dad(owner) would approve.    

He has thrown some big parties out there too and it has been great to hide from the Po Pos haha(under 21ers know what Im talking about)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Beresford (20ish miles S of soofoo) has an open-to-the-public range that takes donations for plywood and 2x4s, but other than that it's free.

I've not had the time to meander down there yet, but will hopefully get down there in time to sight in and shoot some off before going deer hunting at the end of next month...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
is that g-pit northwest on madison?

If so i know where your talking about by the fair grounds....but its in town so thats why im wondering?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:42:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
is that g-pit northwest on madison?

If so i know where your talking about by the fair grounds....but its in town so thats why im wondering?

Its actually by the airport here in Sioux Falls.  Not right by it but thats the closest landmark.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually found some CRP-type land that still the GF&P still allows shooting to be done on. Usually, CRP (and other "government program hunting" land) is open, but apparently they've shut most of it down to simply "shooters" as they've destroyed the land's hunting potential.

The place I found is exactly 18 miles outside city limits, east on 12th street to highway 19 (IIRC), north two miles and then west two miles, on the north side of the road. Don't munge it up for me!

EDIT: I should note, this is CRP which the GF&P told me was still open to the public. It's good for rifle out to about 150 yards and shotgun, just make sure you bring props for your targets. You could prossibly go out to 200 yards, but I didn't pace it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top