Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 5:09:32 AM EDT
According to local news outlets up to 1,000 refugees from NOLA and surrounding areas could be moved into SD and surrounding states for up to 90 days.  Most likely spots are in existing military bases or the state hospital.  Evacuees will arrive with virtually nothing and need assistance with every sort of issue from medical care to job assistance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah,i dont want to see it, there will be problems for sure when the thug life types start roaming the streets of our hidden heaven.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
According to local news outlets up to 1,000 refugees from NOLA and surrounding areas could be moved into SD and surrounding states for up to 90 days.  Most likely spots are in existing military bases or the state hospital.  Evacuees will arrive with virtually nothing and need assistance with every sort of issue from medical care to job assistance.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We already have all of the Sammy's from Luthern Social Services, we DO NOT NEED THIS!  

Not to be racist, but I bounced at a bar and quickly found out from experience and what the local LEO had to say about where the problems were from....

Yep..  

Friend of mine (Tom E.) used to do janitor work at one of the churches in SF that was importing dregs from places in Africa.... Of course Tom would always try to point out the error of their ways to them.. until they fired him because of his "redneck" attitude..  ..

There's another way to look at this.. The Dakotas (South and North) need a dose of reality... a dose of what the rest of the US has to put up with every day.... otherwise the great majority of dakotans will drift too far to the "liberal" political side..  

Think about how “conservative” the Dakotas could be if a few hundred of New Orleans finest black racists and Mexican street gangs started plying their trade in Fargo, Rapid, and Sioux Falls… Indians would start to look pretty nice...

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey guy from indiana.  go away.  We live in the real world.  don't go away mad, just go the fuck away.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Update

South Dakota won't be receiving any Hurricane Katrina evacuees on Sunday, but the state remains ready to help, Gov. Mike Rounds' press secretary said Saturday night.

Mark Johnston said emergency officials informed the state on Saturday night that just two flights are scheduled to fly out with evacuees today, and they're headed to Illinois and Indiana.

''There were just three flights that went out (Saturday) so those numbers must be dwindling,'' Johnston said. ''We're still in the mix, but we're going to just stand by until Monday morning.''
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Update

South Dakota won't be receiving any Hurricane Katrina evacuees on Sunday, but the state remains ready to help, Gov. Mike Rounds' press secretary said Saturday night.

Mark Johnston said emergency officials informed the state on Saturday night that just two flights are scheduled to fly out with evacuees today, and they're headed to Illinois and Indiana.

''There were just three flights that went out (Saturday) so those numbers must be dwindling,'' Johnston said. ''We're still in the mix, but we're going to just stand by until Monday morning.''

There goes South Dakota's reality check.

Probabaly best.. the winter would have killed them...  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes it is a good thing....thats all we need is more dead homeless ending up in the river of RC or by CSD in SF!

and winter would have ridded them out anyway....he is right on that one!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is a good thing....thats all we need is more dead homeless ending up in the river of RC or by CSD in SF!

and winter would have ridded them out anyway....he is right on that one!

And, of course, this all reminds me of when I was a kid growing up just north of the Crow Creek Rez...

Back in the late 50's.. early march, snow was starting to melt..  Dad and I were fishing on the big muddy south of fort thompson, probably about the time they were building the dam.. we found a body... bloated blue and starting to stink...  left quite an impression on me...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#10]
let me guess....native?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
let me guess....native?

That was dad's guess.. nobody ever said though...

We figured the usual.. got drunker than a station wagon load of indians, wandered off and froze to death.. got covered with snow.. and so on.. typical reservation suicide....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top