Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 1:30:27 PM EDT
Anyone have any suggestions for a location within 3 or 4 hours of SE South Dakota to shoot some prarie dogs?
I'd rather stay away from any reservations.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
This is more than three to four hours from SE south dakota but I will put it up anyway.

Dogs Unlimited 701-422-3425.

Edit  This guy operates near Mandan ND.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestion. The reason I say South Dakota is because one of the guys I'm going with will have an antelope tag to fill. I'm in Iowa, but he lives in South Dakota. I've heard that the non-resident predator/varmint license was reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't answer your question.  But I got one of my own.

Why do they c all them Prairie DOGS.  They ain't dogs.  Wassup with that?

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard that when Lewis and Clark first came across them, they said they barked like a dog.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
are there Pdogs in north dakota or NW MN?  i have relatives in McIntosh MN (near grand forks ND).  and do you need a license to shoot em?

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The dogs are only the west side of the Missouri River.   In both North and South Dakota.

They have been exterminated east of the river.  
Federal law says no Prairie Dogs east of the little M.

You will need a either a non-resident varmint license, or a big-game tag will work also.

If you on the res., you'll need there stamp as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
What if I don't want to hunt on the res?
It can be dangerous around Newton North Dakota, or at least it was back in the mid 1980's
I personally like hunting them from Bowman uo to Wiliston area
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Flickertail towns around here (Sioux Falls), up to Watertown and north of there.

Good PD towns (private) in South Central SD.  (Winner area).  

If you need more info, I have all the good places figgered, and permission from a few.  (For hunting about anything)
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Good PD towns (private) in South Central SD.  (Winner area).  

If you need more info, I have all the good places figgered, and permission from a few.  (For hunting about anything)

South Central would probably be ok.
Thanks,
Steve
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top