Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2022 3:57:49 PM EDT
They are putting barricades up around the police department. My son’s suburban school was supposed to have prom downtown this weekend but it’s been moved out to the cascade area. Be careful.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Video of what?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Live northeast of town a bit, so hopefully nothing happens out my way, but will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
An eye witness (African-American) says the LEO went above and beyond to try deescalate the situation. The perps family claims the officer shot him in the back of the head three times with his knee on his back despite the fact that they weren't there.

Who are you going to believe?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thankfully it's raining today.  Most people don't want to get their free tv wet so maybe it'll help temper some of the looting peaceful protesting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An eye witness (African-American) says the LEO went above and beyond to try deescalate the situation. The perps family claims the officer shot him in the back of the head three times with his knee on his back despite the fact that they weren't there.

Who are you going to believe?
View Quote

Video came out today

Perp got shot in the back of the head face down while struggling over the taser

Police work looked like shit, But what do I know.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are putting barricades up around the police department. My son’s suburban school was supposed to have prom downtown this weekend but it’s been moved out to the cascade area. Be careful.
View Quote

@TheRealBluedog

Wanna go watch the riot?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad I live up north......
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@TheRealBluedog

Wanna go watch the riot?
View Quote

Sounds like there are quiet a few of us in the area. We should have a riot watching party / meet up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:Sounds like there are quiet a few of us in the area. We should have a riot watching party / meet up.
View Quote

AKA: "Overwatch" party.

Stay frosty.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds like there are quiet a few of us in the area. We should have a riot watching party / meet up.
View Quote

Can we make it a drinking game?  Every time you see a fat ugly white chick with a highly un natural hair color, you drink.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@TheRealBluedog

Wanna go watch the riot?

I am down! Would like to meet some of yall anyways
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Can we make it a drinking game?  Every time you see a fat ugly white chick with a highly un natural hair color, you drink.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are going to be super messed up then
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Well if one of you guys wants to plan in the party I’ll do my best to show up. It looks like the riot fears kind of fizzled , which is not surprising because most people with any common sense know that this was a good shoot. I suppose I will wait for the prosecutor’s  decision to not charge the officer for round two.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#15]
What’s the status here? I’ll be downtown for the State Convention Friday and Saturday. Things still calm?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What’s the status here? I’ll be downtown for the State Convention Friday and Saturday. Things still calm?
View Quote

There have been protests pretty much every night, but it got a little escalated due to Black Panthers and Kid Rock both being downtown last weekend.  The weekends have bee a little more active, and I am guessing this weekend could be the most active due to the weather finally being warm and nice (it has been shit recently).  Seems like everything has been pretty localized though, so should be easy to avoid the area.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There have been protests pretty much every night, but it got a little escalated due to Black Panthers and Kid Rock both being downtown last weekend.  The weekends have bee a little more active, and I am guessing this weekend could be the most active due to the weather finally being warm and nice (it has been shit recently).  Seems like everything has been pretty localized though, so should be easy to avoid the area.
View Quote

Has it been localized around the police station? I’ll be around Devos place / amway grand.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, localized for the most part.  Some people tried to protest outside of Van Andel only because Kid Rock was there at the time.  The police blocked them off from there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes, localized for the most part.  Some people tried to protest outside of Van Andel only because Kid Rock was there at the time.  The police blocked them off from there.
View Quote
Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top