Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2022 6:22:04 PM EDT
Hey guys!
Looking for any info, tips, things to do, places to eat or things to stay away from near the ball park. Thinking about coming in April with my kids to watch the Tigers/Redsox series. I’m looking at the Westin Book Cadillac hotel, it’s only a 1/2 mile from the park. Any thoughts on that place? I liked the MGM, but the pool is 18 and over. My kids aren’t that old.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
My father worked at the old GM building before they moved to the rencen for years and years, used to love going there...Take a trip to the Motown Museum just a block or two away.

I would strongly suggest getting trying two things while you there, food wise:

1) Get a Bucharest Shawarma from Bucharest Grill

2) Get some wings from Sweetwater Tavern

It's a good city, enjoy the time. Where your going isn't bad.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My father worked at the old GM building before they moved to the rencen for years and years, used to love going there...Take a trip to the Motown Museum just a block or two away.

I would strongly suggest getting trying two things while you there, food wise:

1) Get a Bucharest Shawarma from Bucharest Grill

2) Get some wings from Sweetwater Tavern

It's a good city, enjoy the time. Where your going isn't bad.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. We’ll definitely be checking out places to eat!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. We’ll definitely be checking out places to eat!
View Quote

I am sorry, I got the two hotels/ buildings mixed. There is the Cadillac Place which is the old GM world headquarters...that is on West Grand Blvd where Motown Museum is and NOT where you are staying. Still a quick drive away. You will be super close to the Bucharest and closer to Sweetwater. Check out the water front, you can walk to it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top