Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2021 6:11:46 PM EDT
Well I just got word that my company is transferring me to a job near Lansing.
I will be there for a minimum of 2 years and was looking for any information on the area.
Where to stay away from and what the best locations might be.
Interests are fishing, hunting, trapping, and obviously shooting sports.
I really would want something within 30-40 minutes,  and the more rural the better.
Looking on Relator.com and Zillow and all there are is apartment complexes listed.
Does anyone have a local relator they could recommend?
TIA
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in a little city close to lansing. We've got 2 ranges here, 1 is a conservation club the other is a privately owned facility. Both are good spots.
My advice, don't move into or within 10 miles of lansing.
DeLong & Co Real-estate is a decent company to use.

IM me for specifics.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI, Lansing is a No Go to live.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
Looking at a place by Waterloo state wildlife area .
I did research on crime stats for Lansing,  and yes there isn't a chance I'll be anywhere close!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys
Looking at a place by Waterloo state wildlife area .
I did research on crime stats for Lansing,  and yes there isn't a chance I'll be anywhere close!
View Quote

By Chelsea?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

By Chelsea?
View Quote

Yes sir
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I know nothing about Lansing or places near it, but I love Waterloo State Park.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Chelsea has a wind tunnel
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Howell is closer to Lansing than Chelsea, is about as MAGA an area as it gets in MI.....and is also home to the Howell Gun Club;

http://www.howellgunclub.org/content.php
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Howell is closer to Lansing than Chelsea, is about as MAGA an area as it gets in MI.....and is also home to the Howell Gun Club;

View Quote

This right here. Howell gun club is an excellent spot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looking into it,  thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looking into it,  thanks
View Quote
Howell is actually in Livingston County, which is a nice upgrade from Ingham  

We're members at HGC, so if you're in the area on an exploratory trip we would be happy to show you around the Club.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I will add that Howell is not very rural anymore.  And don't forget to look to the North and West of Lansing.  But depending on where in Lansing your job is you could add 20min to the drive by being on the wrong side.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FPNI, Lansing is a No Go to live.
View Quote

I'm there, it's fine. Even the hardcore Democrats love guns here.

Criminals really only bother other criminals.

Apartment complexes are no worse here than anywhere else in the country (my GF has had her catalytic converter stolen twice from my apartment lot, but that happens everywhere).
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm there, it's fine. Even the hardcore Democrats love guns here.

Criminals really only bother other criminals.

Apartment complexes are no worse here than anywhere else in the country (my GF has had her catalytic converter stolen twice from my apartment lot, but that happens everywhere).
View Quote

I wouldn't call daily shootings & murder, Fine.... but that's just me. The Southside is outta control.
I listen to the scanner.... it tells me that lansing is not fine
The reason the Hardcore Democrats love guns is because they can't walk down the street safely.. lol

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I grew up in Lansing many years ago and live in SW MI now, as said above 10 miles outside of the highways around town in about any direction is pretty rural, if being in the country and able to shoot etc was my goal I would not consider places as far away as Chelsea or Howell, have you driven on MI roads?!?! The areas around Charlotte, Eaton Rapids, Eagle or Portland, Perry, St Johns or even Dewitt are all rural with some having nicer downtown areas or being more rural, I would figure out where my job was going to be and investigate from there, not sure there is a bad choice.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Ironically I want to leave Ingham county and move to WI...
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Williamston just east of Lansing has a nice shooting range.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I live in a little city close to lansing. We've got 2 ranges here, 1 is a conservation club the other is a privately owned facility. Both are good spots.
My advice, don't move into or within 10 miles of lansing.
DeLong & Co Real-estate is a decent company to use.

IM me for specifics.
View Quote

That little city must be ER or Dimondale …. I agree with your recommendations … good ranges.   I used to run Falling plates IPSC and IDPA around here…..

H
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I live in the area now. Just sent you an IM
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone give thoughts on Grand Ledge MI? Would be fairly close to the job location and not far from the Portland State Game Area. Looks like there are rentals available in Grand Ledge as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:33:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can anyone give thoughts on Grand Ledge MI? Would be fairly close to the job location and not far from the Portland State Game Area. Looks like there are rentals available in Grand Ledge as well.
View Quote

DM Sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top