Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2021 8:28:28 AM EDT
Hey everyone, I moved to the area last summer and haven't had much time to explore local dealers yet. The only Blue Label dealer that I've visited was IFA Tactical in Sterling Heights, and they seemed generally overpriced and didn't mention anything about being a BL dealer as I was looking at Glocks, almost as if they were hoping I'd buy one for full price (I was in uniform). It looks like the Glock distributor for this area is The Firing Line in Westland, which is about an hour drive for me. I was wondering if anyone who's been there recently could comment on how their BL inventory is looking, or if someone could recommend other good BL dealers on the north side of the city. Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with The Firing Line in Westland and call Grant Allen (number at the link);

https://www.firinglineguns.com/law-enforcement-pricing
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The Firing Line has seemed disinterested in doing blue label sales during this panic, getting them to talk blue label or get prices has been like pulling teeth, they are generally busy helping other (more profitable?) customers in my limited experience. Sample size of 1, so take it for what it is...

The "big boys" get blue label allocations much faster than the smaller places, so the two big distributors in Lansing (CMP Distributors or Michigan Police Equipment) have a BIG advantage over other blue label dealers. In June 2020 I placed a pre-paid order for a blue label G19 Gen 5 MOS at a blue label dealer near me, by the time November rolled around I hadn't heard anything about my order and the Salute to Veterans program was expiring, so in a panic I called both CMP and Michigan Police Equipment to place orders (no payment required, just left my name and telephone number).  Both of them called back within 5 weeks saying a pistol was available for pickup, I'm STILL waiting on my original order from the smaller dealer I purchased from in June, he has called his distributor on multiple occasions but can't get a firm date on when they will have an allocation.

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I like CMP in Lansing.

Kiesler Police Supply in IN can ship blue label guns to MI officers, too.

https://www.kiesler.com/
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Not metro Detroit but Duncan's in Bay City is where I usually shop for Blue Label Glocks.   The last one I bought was from Sheridan Arms in Saginaw tho.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Firing Line has seemed disinterested in doing blue label sales during this panic, getting them to talk blue label or get prices has been like pulling teeth, they are generally busy helping other (more profitable?) customers in my limited experience. Sample size of 1, so take it for what it is...

The "big boys" get blue label allocations much faster than the smaller places, so the two big distributors in Lansing (CMP Distributors or Michigan Police Equipment) have a BIG advantage over other blue label dealers. In June 2020 I placed a pre-paid order for a blue label G19 Gen 5 MOS at a blue label dealer near me, by the time November rolled around I hadn't heard anything about my order and the Salute to Veterans program was expiring, so in a panic I called both CMP and Michigan Police Equipment to place orders (no payment required, just left my name and telephone number).  Both of them called back within 5 weeks saying a pistol was available for pickup, I'm STILL waiting on my original order from the smaller dealer I purchased from in June, he has called his distributor on multiple occasions but can't get a firm date on when they will have an allocation.

View Quote

The guys there are in a different world. They look down on customers. I went there some years ago to shoot and was about to purchase a p229.  Nobody asked if I needed help or even looked my way. They were too busy talking to each other.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Last time I was at CQT I could swear they had Blue Label Glocks. It’s been a few years but maybe check their website or give them a ring.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks a lot for the feedback, everyone, I appreciate it. I haven't made my way up to Lansing yet but will look for an opportunity for a day trip to explore the area and will stop by CMP and Michigan Police Equipment. We haven't had the chance to venture out around the state much since moving here last summer, so it's good to have another reason to head over there.

Quoted:
Last time I was at CQT I could swear they had Blue Label Glocks. It’s been a few years but maybe check their website or give them a ring.
View Quote

I've been to CQT a few times to shoot at their range, and I actually took a private lesson there a couple weeks ago to work on some trigger pull / recoil anticipation issues I've been having. They unfortunately seem to struggling to maintain much of an inventory when it comes to pistols, and I don't think I've seen a single Glock there in the 4 or 5 times I've been by. I'll ask them about it next time I stop by, just to get a sense of what their BL availability has been over the past year. Unrelated, but they have a pretty good selection of rental guns at the range, but they're having so much trouble getting ammo that they can't rent any of them out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m in for the same question.

I have a GSSF coupon and want to get a G21. Nobody has them in stock and the only place willing to order (so far) is CMP.

Would be nice to not drive all the way to Lansing from downriver Detroit area.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a GSSF coupon and want to get a G21. Nobody has them in stock and the only place willing to order (so far) is CMP.
View Quote

I’m not sure how much of a hurry you’re in, but a Glock armorer’s course instructor confirmed to a member in the Glock subforum that they plan to release the 10mm and .45 models in the Gen 5 line. No idea if that will happen this year, but presumably that will result in a good quantity of G21s hitting the market again. That could be why those models have been scarce lately, that they’ve reduced or stopped production of the previous generations. Unfortunately Glock plans and schedules seem to be very vague until the new releases suddenly show up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I’m not sure how much of a hurry you’re in, but a Glock armorer’s course instructor confirmed to a member in the Glock subforum that they plan to release the 10mm and .45 models in the Gen 5 line. No idea if that will happen this year, but presumably that will result in a good quantity of G21s hitting the market again. That could be why those models have been scarce lately, that they’ve reduced or stopped production of the previous generations. Unfortunately Glock plans and schedules seem to be very vague until the new releases suddenly show up.
View Quote

My hurry was confined to the expiration of my coupons.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Order from https://www.kiesler.com/ and send it to Gerbrand Defense, LLC in Waterford, MI.  $0 transfer fee for Blue Label Glock guns.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Order from https://www.kiesler.com/ and send it to Gerbrand Defense, LLC in Waterford, MI.  $0 transfer fee for Blue Label Glock guns.
View Quote

Gerbrand! Good on them. Went there once before the ‘vid.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Not sure but maybe try Ann Arbor Arms or Peacekeepers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top