Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2021 9:58:59 PM EDT
Guy online is selling some truck parts I might end up buying, he’s in Roseville.

Good or bad area? He hasn’t given me his exact address yet, which I understand, but did say he lives a couple miles west of 12mile and I94.

If I go my wife was wanting to road trip with the kids and trying to figure out if that’s a good idea

Mainly looking to see if that’s an area to get something to eat when we get there or I should look elsewhere. There seems to be some restaurants in the area.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not from there, but I drive through occasionally. It's not the worst area. You might check out Bad Brads BBQ there are a few locations out that way.

ETA: Gov Whitler has shut down indoor restaurant dining, I think until Feb. 1.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Roseville is fine.

My buddy used to live there. It’s not upper class or anything, but I wouldn’t expect a gun fight by any stretch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I live right next to Roseville. Area doesn't bother me, but I live near there so I could be used to it I guess. Its got good neighborhoods and bad, but offhand I can't think of any area in Roseville where I would purposely avoid or felt unsafe in. Just carry and take the usual precautions. If you feel really bad and the parts are easily moveable, the Roseville PD have a monitored spot at their building that is specifically for online sales. A lot of cities around here set those up years ago when Craigslist sales really started taking off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Roachville is OK. I lived there for a couple years, the area has gone downhill since then, but nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live right next to Roseville. Area doesn't bother me, but I live near there so I could be used to it I guess. Its got good neighborhoods and bad, but offhand I can't think of any area in Roseville where I would purposely avoid or felt unsafe in. Just carry and take the usual precautions. If you feel really bad and the parts are easily moveable, the Roseville PD have a monitored spot at their building that is specifically for online sales. A lot of cities around here set those up years ago when Craigslist sales really started taking off.
View Quote

thanks.

I'm fine going either way, just wanted to check to see if it was a decent area to leave wife and kids in the car while I look at the stuff, get something to eat, etc.  Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yah, meet at the Roseville PD or at maybe the St. Clair Shores Home Depot (guessing a lot of cameras) but it’s all not far from each other.

Lived there for awhile. It wasn’t bad when we lived there. It’s fallen a good bit since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top