Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 10:26:45 AM EDT
I'm currently in a situation where I'm considering looking for open land/property, putting a used travel trailer/RV on it and living there as a main residence for the time being.

I make enough money to finance a house no problem but my credit history isn't good enough. Not really excited about the idea but its where I'm at in life right now.

I'm not sure what the laws are surrounding this, as far as whether its legal to do this or if restrictions are county by county. Have any of you done this before? If so what is the process of getting approvals, hookups for an RV/Travel trailer, etc?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
There likely are areas where you could do this, but where we live it was expressly forbidden in the deed restrictions in our somewhat rural multi-acreage lot development.
Maybe find a real estate agent that specializes in open land, and find out what your options are?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Real Estate Agents are like used car salesmen.

The local township or city office is who you need to speak to.

My township has all the zoning laws online.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Like above, when you find a piece of land you're considering call the township clerk and ask about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top