Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2020 7:32:26 AM EDT
What if anything do I need to do to turn my AR pistol I assembled from a stripped Anderson upper and lower into a rifle. Any paperwork involved? For the record it’ll be getting rebarreled with a 16” barrel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No paperwork, just rebarrel it and put a stock on.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, thank you!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Since you're new try a forum I've been banned from a few times

michigangunowners.com or something like that

Shyster is a 2A lawyer
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Who would know, anyway?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
In MI , once a rifle , always a rifle.

Once a pistol, can be a rifle, and back to a pistol.

I was just giving the OP a source where 2A lawyers are active
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It's been a few years since I looked at the issue but I think that once it's a rifle, it's illegal to turn it back into a pistol under Michigan law.  That's because the definition of an illegal "short-barreled rifle” is "a rifle having 1 or more barrels less than 16 inches in length or a weapon made from a rifle, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise, if the weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches."  
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's been a few years since I looked at the issue but I think that once it's a rifle, it's illegal to turn it back into a pistol under Michigan law.  That's because the definition of an illegal "short-barreled rifle” is "a rifle having 1 or more barrels less than 16 inches in length or a weapon made from a rifle, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise, if the weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches."  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I registered my AR15 pistol, I had someone from MSP call me up and ask me whether it had ever been a rifle.  It hadn't and I'm very careful to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a MechTech apparatus or ever plan on getting one, but wouldn't that interpretation hold that the MechTech apparatus is illegal to use in Michigan?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top