Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2020 6:53:59 PM EDT
I need to install some sights on my XD. I don't have a sight pusher and I've read that XD sights can be a pain in the ass, so I don't want to screw up the sights(or the slide) by beating on them like a caveman(which is what I usually do when things don't budge). Anyone know of any gunsmiths around the St Clair Shores area that are good, or ones that I should avoid?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone on MichiganGunOwners forum will have a sight pusher in your AO.

The slide is not the serialized part, so it'll be OK.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Michigun should be able to adjust the sights.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Michigun should be able to adjust the sights.
View Quote

OP wants sight INSTALLED. Michigun used to ship out gunsmith work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
You're right, probably too much hassle to call and find out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Michigun used to install sights if you bought them from them. They might install your sights for a small charge.

Call and ask for Rich or Adam.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies everyone, I found someone with a sight pusher and they let me borrow it. Was a fucking bitch to get them off. Looked like they were glued or loctited in as well. Years ago I sent the slide back to Springfield to get refinished under warranty, maybe they did that then? Once I got the old ones off, the new ones went on fairly easily though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top