Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2015 4:40:23 PM EDT
I just bought my first lower receiver from PSA and used a local FFL since his transfer fee was cheap ($15). Is there anything else I need to do to register this gun with the state, get something licensed? I'm asking because I remember when I bought my pistol, they did a background check, made me register it with the state, etc. Am I missing something?

FYI I live in Michigan if that makes a difference. Any help is appreciated,
Hoyle
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're building a rifle,all you need to do is buy the rest of the parts,toss together,and call it the day.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you are building that receiver into a pistol, there is nothing to do as far as paperwork with the State.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as you're not making a pistol or SBR, you're good to go as-is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top