Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 10:18:18 PM EDT
Hi guys I just moved back to Michigan.  I see on the news that the troopers are hiring right now.  I was just wondering if anyone here has any inside info on what to expect in the hiring process.  How long does it take and any snafus that may arise would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a friend who tried and didn't get in and a friend who made it.  All I know is they are very selective. You will have to be a tier 1 candidate to get in.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
They have been hiring like crazy recently, running almost back to back academies for the last 2 - 2.5 years. I imagines this hiring buzz will end sooner, rather than later.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-62526---,00.html

Looking at least a 6-8 month minimum process before being selected for an recruit school. And as the poster above me noted, they are VERY selective.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
same with Oakland County Sheriff's Office.  We have been hiring 25 every 3 months for nearly 2 years.  

oakgov.com
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
same with Oakland County Sheriff's Office.  We have been hiring 25 every 3 months for nearly 2 years.  

oakgov.com
View Quote

Yall hiring anything besides deputys?
Getting ready to move home after 17 years with Uncle Sam
To broken to play officer anymore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top