Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2013 10:56:34 AM EDT

This guy ended up on my doorstep last Saturday.  I cannot keep him as I've already got 3 dogs (1 pup).  No collar, tags, or any other ID.  I've called the local Vets, Humane Society, went door to door, and put out fliers with his picture.  He appears to be young around 2'ish (a guess), is lab or maybe lab/boxer mix, not fixed, knows sit, shake, come, chills out in a crate (goes right in), does not mess in the crate, doesn't bark, seems fine with other dogs (didn't growl or posture - has not been in contact with my dogs due to not knowing if he's got something - just thru the crate and kennel walls), takes treats very gently, is a little timid (accpected) but coming around, walks ok on a leash, and just seems like too nice of a dog to go to a shelter.  Please let me know if you or someone you know would like to take this dog and make him a part of your family.  

Posted in GD as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish I had room for another. Looks like a real nice dag. Hopefully someone will take him.

Try contacting Serenity Animal Hospital. They do a lot of adoption work and may be able to help place him. They have a very nice facility at 15 Mile and Schoenherr.

Also post him on Craigslist and Facebook.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you had him checked for a microchip?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
my mother in law might be interested, I'll ask her and get back with you
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried taking him for a walk maybe he just wondered of and got lost. He might be able to find his way home if you walk him a few blocks each way. That happened to a dog here and the dog started to walk back the way he came. I don't know if he ended up going home but he had a good start.

Looks like a nice dog it shouldn't be hard to place it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Where I am at they may take in owner surrenders. We have a very nice Blue Tick hound in now looking for a home.

Call the store I work out of K9 Cuisine N' More ask for Dave or Michelle. 586-232-4955

Or you can ask for me (Dr G) and we can provide for him and get him adopted out. I'm in the veterinary clinic Companion Animal Care in the back of the store.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
My mom is looking for a dog. Don't know how I would get him here. Can you "ship" a dog?

Eta: I'll take him if its possible to get him here. I'd need help. I don't have much in the way of denaro.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm possibly interested in the dog but am down in Monroe.  Where are you located?

ETA: dang XCR didn't see your post.  You of course have dibbs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh tarfin, if your closer and it's easier, go for it. I just want the little dude to have a home.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like daggy found a home a while back.  I was going to pick him up when I got back from my trip.

Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top