Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 5:19:36 PM EDT
I know it's been mentioned here before. I went on Saturday. And I realize with the current climate that inventory is low and in high demand. But this show was half of what it used to be and was mostly junk. I went with a buddy, was in the market for a 10/22 and found one dealer with 3, from $319.00 and up (Boy Scout commemorative, ugly green camo laminate and bright blue stock/bull barrel). The guy was a jackass and said these were the last 10/22's in the COUNTRY. So I call Gander Mountain before I leave the show and they have the 10/22 I want (black synthetic stock/blued) IN STOCK for $249.00. I went there and bought. I haven't been to that show in awhile and things have gone dowhill a lot. Gotta like the 1%'er OMG losers waking around like they own the place. I won't be back to that shithole. Rant over.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad I didn't waste my time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to the Taylor one a couple weeks ago and it was the worst show I have been to.   Everything was over priced like crazy, maybe the bikers and drug dealers don't care about the price or quality of what they carry?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't bother, last one was a bust so I figured strike two was enough. I did find a very nice older 870 Police with folding stock pretty cheap last time but that was from a private seller who had a table and was selling off all sorts of goodies from one of the sons who had passed away.  That was not the norm though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
went looking around as well, well used gi mags for $40+, 100rd winchester 9mm for $40, and generally high priced crap. i just picked up some survival supplies from the only guy in the place with 'normal' prices. we did find 9mm for $14 a box of 50...
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget they want you to unload your carry piece in your car. I am waiting for someone to shoot themselves in the lot. Wonder how long before someone sees the dead bady.

Did you see the hot sauce woman there? Hot sauce, really?  Jery is just one of those things.

I did see acouple rifles with signs saying private sale. Meaning, no NIC check I am sure. Then some dude with a AR on his back and a sign saying $2500 on it.

What about the security guards.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The gun shows are getting so bad I don't even think undercover agents walk around any longer.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:02:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Have we reached the tipping point?

That point where beanie babies & jerky dealers out number firearms vendors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top