Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2003 5:28:53 PM EDT
Since joining, I have not had such a pleasant experience shooting anywhere in SE MI. What a great and friendly place to go and shoot and enjoy yourself. Great facility and people, EVERYONE smiles and says hi, even the LEOs practicing on their range wave and say hi. Ya just gotta love it!

It is in Port Huron just 5 minutes off I94 on ravenswood road.... if you dont belong, you should. Only 95 bucks to join, and 15 more for a key to the ranges.

Dram out
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Dramborleg, I'm glad you like it. I joined in the '80s when I first took up Highpower, still a member. Good people, great friends. Don't forget about the Annual Meeting on Jan 20th, I won't be there, but wish I could.

Fred

www.bwsa.freeservers.com
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Im  a member there. been so for 2 years now. Hey Dramborleg, You shoot High Power?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they have a 600yrd range?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Only 95 bucks to join, and 15 more for a key to the ranges.

Sorry, I dont understand this whole key thing.  What is the benefit of having your own key?  you can use the ranges 24 hours a day?

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The parking lot for the outdoor ranges(rifle, pistol) are at least 1/4 mile from the road. By locking the gate and selling keys creates income to fund range development/repairs. They change the lock every year and sell new keys. You may use the range during the day, 8a till dark, I think, unless there is a scheduled event. The newsletter has a calander with all scheduled events. The local law enforcement agencies (state, county, several cities and border patrol) usually plan far enough in advance to get published in the newsletter. They usually shoot 8 to 5 for qualification and training, several times a year. I'm sure you can't share a bay with them, but others are open. If you show up during a scheduled club event like Highpower (Wed 5 till dark) and just want to plink or sight in a pistol, they will work with you. BUT expect to pay a range fee. $3 for members, $10 non-members. I don't know how they are working it now with all the new bays, but when there were only 2, the range officer had the option of charging you regardless which bay you were on. Most exercise that option, I know I did. Gun clubs only have 2 sources of income, membership dues and range fees, if I didn't want to pay a range fee, I made sure I showed up during non-scheduled times.

Fred
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]
  I think it is up to 4 pistol bays now. One for LEO and 3 other ones. You can use the LEO range. Its ussually dry after it rains becuase they put stones on the ground. There are alot of cops that come and use it. Cop cars will just show up there and they use it for an hour and leave. So if they come you have to give up the range to them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top