Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2011 6:12:38 PM EDT
Well today was a monumental occasion.  I finally convinced my girlfriend to go shooting with me and she ended up having a blast.  She was very against/iffy about handguns at first just because she was unfamiliar and uncomfortable with them.  I ended up convincing her to go once, I rented a .22 and Marty at Silver Bullet in Grand Rapids did an excellent job explaining everything to her.  She fired her first magazine and she's like "wow....that's fun!"  She ended up going through a hundred rounds and had a blast.  She shot exceptionally well (especially when looking at the targets of other shooters next to us,.  On the way home she asked when we could go again.  Overall a success!
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job and glad she had fun
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't ask for anything more than that! Soon, she'll have a (insert favorite pistol) on her hip!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
you know the rules. pics.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I was shooting next to a couple the other day.  The girl out shot the guy by a mile.  He was the newb though, had to work out the kinks with his Glock trigger pull.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
you know the rules. pics.

YEP......Rules are rules.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried twice...she didnt care for it either time, oh well, saves me money on ammo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I tried twice...she didnt care for it either time, oh well, saves me money on ammo.

What did you have her start out shooting?

And pics will be coming soon...I didn't take any this trip, but next trip I will!  Did keep her target though so I'll post a picture of that coming up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
She was playing stupid games the first time, was pissy the whole time and said I guilted her into going and that she hates guns (before then she told me she didn't hate them and was would be interested to try). My friend who was with us got her to try my 9mm USP. A few weeks after that I mentioned I was going shooting to someone but she wasn't going cause she hates gun. Later she told me that she never said that and was pissed off due to work that day...ok giant lie from her but w/e, couple months go by until last last Friday I dragged her along with my buddy. She was overall disinterested but still shot my friends .357 ruger LCR (w/ .38 spl) and his .40 S&W fullsize (shot each once or twice) and a .22lr rifle I have but for some reason she couldn't figure out the scope and was shooting seated right handed but trying to use her left eye.....at least she wasn't pissy this time lol. Its really a lost cause with her but I don't really care, she knows if she wants me the guns come too, its a good thing she is good looking.

It is at least better than my mom is with my dad..."Get those guns out of my house or I am taking a hacksaw to them or calling the cops and telling them a bunch of guns showed up and I don't know where they are from but I want them gone". Why they haven't gotten a divorce is still very strange to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top