Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 10:13:03 AM EDT
We're a few weeks into turkey season now - anyone have any luck?
I'm heading out this weekend with the ol' 20g and a pocket full of 3" mags.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We're a few weeks into turkey season now - anyone have any luck?
I'm heading out this weekend with the ol' 20g and a pocket full of 3" mags.

I always hunt the 234 hunt so I have about a week till I can get out, but I know where they on my buddies property so i'm hopeful.

Good luck and be safe.

J-
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I had four turkeys on my property last week, three hens and a tom with a 6" beard.  He was intent on the hens and didn't give one shit I was there until the hens started bugging out.  Then he looked around at me and booked.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Our group went 5 for 5 in the first week. The two biggest birds went 9" each. We hunt Menominee Cty. in the UP
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had a flock of 13: 7 Hens, 3 Jakes and 3 pretty nice Toms working my property for the last few weeks.  When 234 comes, they'll be gone...   A boy in my son's scout pack got his first a few days ago.  Glad to see another 12yo out hunting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#5]
We hunted the opener in Ohio with no luck.  I'll be up north of Cadillac for hunt 234 in another week.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Was a bust for us this weekend, no luck.  

We hunt west of Houghton Lake and everything there was VERY flooded.  Only saw a couple birds, hens.  Oh well, maybe next year.

Good luck everyone else!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top