Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 5:36:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's one of those tack on charges.

Committing a felony having a concealed weapon. Plus having body armor with him.
Like getting caught with dope and having a gun in the trunk equals a weapons charge.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It is illegal to be in possession of body armor while in commission of a felony. So leave it at home when you're gonna drive around being crazy
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It is illegal to be in possession of body armor while in commission of a felony. So leave it at home when you're gonna drive around being crazy

Yep it is not illegal on its face but when coupled with other acts it becomes illegal. I think it may also be illegal (I can check on this) for a convicted felon to posses body armor. Per our Prosecutor possesion/use by a Convicted felon is a 4 year felon by itself. Must be a conviction for a  VIOLENT felony as define by MCL for it to be illegal to posses on its face.

One of the local PD's several years ago got into to shoot out with a guy that had armor on, hit it numerous times CM and only a couple snuck through above/below the armor and the guy lived. Deputy took one in the leg too. IIRC when he was charged there was additional charges tacked on for the BA during commisson of a crime and also possesion of BA by a felon.

J-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top