Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2010 9:33:11 AM EDT
I remember a similar post during the most recent auto show at Cobo Hall.  The question was regarding legally carrying concealed while attending the show.  I am going to be at the Rock Fincial Center participating in two events this year.  I sent an e-mail to the MSP asking if it were legal to carry at a place like Rock Financial.  Sgt Brimacombe answered back and suggested that I look at MCL 28.425 .   Sgt Brimacombe declined to answer about Rock Financial because she wa not "...aware of the use of the facility." Of course, 28.425 receites the pistol free zones and most specificaly it speaks of 'entertainment facilities' with seating of 2500 or more.  Are gun shows, boat shows, rv shows, bridal shows, etc that are held in a building-not sports arena or stadium- gun free because they are in an 'entertainment facility' regardless of whether the building holds 2500 seats.  How about movies theaters( a multiplex with 10 theaters each holding 250 seats)?  Or a wedding banquet facility that can seat 2500 or more but is using just a small number of seat for a particular event.

I know my options, just wondering what yours thoughts were.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Concealed means concealed.   If you're really worried then lock it your trunk while you're in the show.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Rock Financial is privately owned.  If they do not fall under one of the pistol free zones, then check with management if you are worried about it.  Typically gun shows state 'No Concealed Weapons' depending on the promoter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Say Hello to David Hall while you're there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top