Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2009 6:56:00 AM EDT
[email protected]

MGM is casting extras for RED DAWN, a remake of the 1980's film in which a group of teenagers form an impromptu insurgency to save their hometown from an invasion of Russian and Chinese soldiers.

Seeking hundreds. Filming in south eastern Michigan through December.

18 and over only, male, female, all races ethnicities

Email: Age, pix, height, weight, basic clothing, shoe size and complete contact info

May be needed for consecutive days or weeks.

***Got this info from "Back Stage"

***The original ad said that pay would be at a professional rate (probably what ever an extra usually makes per day)

***I would have posted the original ad from Back Stage but I could not get a screen shot converted over where I could actually read the text.
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably for the "AVENGE MEEEE" scene...

What with the local economy as hosed as it is, I would guess they could find thousands of people with nothing better to do than make $20 a day to be in a movie...
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
i'll be playing "Russian #9"

they said i would get a check for $18 ($9x2) just for the fitting that took 45 minuets, so is it possible that $9 is the standard pay rate?
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]

no kidding, we are issued mak90's/sar1's with ak74 style muzzle breaks and untimak handguards. chinese soldiers are issued the same type of rifle with plastic handguards. and apparently airsoft vests are standard issue to spetnaz and PLA.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you still Russian #9 or have you been promoted?
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
i got a $25 bonus for actually shooting a seen, but the next day they re shot it with some one else who speaks Russian.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you still get in on this?  I'm off Monday and hell I'm part Ukranian!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
like 3 "russian" extras quit. they do more shooting in November
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#9]
We were watching them film on the AMB today (like minutes ag)....interesting.

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I would def. be there if I was laid off right now...
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#11]
They might be doing some shooting by my work this weekend.
Had a lady stop by last week asking if they could use the parking lot from Saturday-Monday.

New Center area, right off Lodge & Milwaukee.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I was down at the site of shooting today....quite interesting.

Accidentally walked down the wrong road and found myself close to a bunch of "soldiers" and Chinese guys in suits...it was fun!
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs238.snc1/8520_173989340688_702045688_3334857_937186_n.jpg

no kidding, we are issued mak90's/sar1's with ak74 style muzzle breaks and untimak handguards. chinese soldiers are issued the same type of rifle with plastic handguards. and apparently airsoft vests are standard issue to spetnaz and PLA.

You got to be an "extra" Russian soldier in the movie?

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#14]
You better look fierce like a Russian just willing to lay waste to Capitalist pigs.

Maybe read some posts over at DU to really get into the mindset before you're on film.

Pretty cool Brother.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I talked to one of the guys on the production on an unrelated matter and mentioned that I was interested in being an extra. He asked if I had registered on the website and I told him I had. He said what they really needed was YOUNG people for extras. Mainly people under 25 and people who could pass for HS students. He said between the scenes with the HS kids, and the fact that soldiers tend to be younger, there weren't many extra parts available for anyone much older then 30 or so. There are some sure, but not as many as for people under 25 or even under 30.

I never did hear back from anyone on the casting side and since I'm older then 30 I'm not really expecting to hear anything by this point.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Russian #9 must be a Russian paratrooper judging by the blue beret. I submitted my stuff for an extra.  Being over 30 would explain why I never heard from em.  I could play a senior officer or something, an old fart perhaps......
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Russian #9 must be a Russian paratrooper judging by the blue beret. I submitted my stuff for an extra.  Being over 30 would explain why I never heard from em.  I could play a senior officer or something, an old fart perhaps......

Hey they need old people for the Drive-In scene right?

AVENGE ME!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#18]
On Devils night I left my brothers party to take my girlfriend and her friend to Lafayette Coney Island on MI avenue. All the damn roads were blocked off so we had to park and walk... as we get closer I stop all of a sudden because there is a tank and a bunch of machine gun clad humvees 150ft a head of me! We wait till the stop shooting and go get them some food. On the way out they were done shooting and just happened to have all the props out still... including a beautiful machine gun that upon asking they let me play with! Boy did that make my night. Thank goodness for tactical gear, it makes going as a security contractor for Halloween so much easier! If I could only figure out how to post the damn picture! I doubt that link worked, but I hope it did!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top