Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2009 12:59:46 PM EDT
Howdy, I just got my CPL this morning (I live in Kalamazoo County) and after looking over the card before it was laminated it appeared that all of the information was correct.  However, that is not the case.  My roommate noticed later that my height was listed as 6'8" rather than 68" - a 1 foot difference in height.  What I now need to know is what, if anything, I can or should do about it.  Do I need to call the county clerk's office and say "we both f***ed up" or do I need to call the state police or what?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally wouldn't worry about it. It will probable be one big hassle to fix it, I would just update it when you renew. I can't see it bing anything over a misdemeanor anyways.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you name, address, date of birth is correct, then you are fine. I would not worry
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you name, address, date of birth is correct, then you are fine. I would not worry

Well, those things are correct.  And I know that what I put on my application was correct, unfortunately whoever was responsible for my card didn't read it correctly.  I think I'm going to give the County Clerk's office a call tomorrow when they open just in case.  If its not a big deal I can wait until I get back home from school for Christmas break - I'd really rather not have to drive back home in the middle of the week again to fix this.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I ran into a similar problem some years ago when, I got my CPL. Part of our local county clerk's name is close to my middle name in spelling. I didn't notice that they used his spelling till a month later. It pays to take your glasses with you on such occasions. They just made me bring in another picture and then issued me a new one. PITA as  the clerk's office hours don't coincide with my work hours.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ran into a similar problem some years ago when, I got my CPL. Part of our local county clerk's name is close to my middle name in spelling. I didn't notice that they used his spelling till a month later. It pays to take your glasses with you on such occasions. They just made me bring in another picture and then issued me a new one. PITA as  the clerk's office hours don't coincide with my work hours.

Fortunately I have a spare picture from when I got my passport.   And it certainly is a PITA for me as I have to drive an hour and a half to get home from school, and it has to be done before my classes as I don't get out of class until 4pm, when the office closes.  Glad to hear that it wasn't too much of a hassle though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Cop: Can I see your license, registration and proof of insurance please?
You: Yes sir.  I also need to inform you that I have a CPL and I am carrying.
Cop: Thanks for informing me, can I see that too?
You: Yes sir, here it is along with my other information.
Cop: [Draws weapon] Six-foot-eight?!? No f-ing way, you lying little hobbit!  Get your f-ing gnome-ass out of that car and place your hands where I can see them!!

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Alright, called the clerk's office this morning and they have changed the info and will be printing up a new card for me.  All I have to do is bring myself and a new photo in and it shall be fixed.  Unfortunately due to classes its gonna have to wait until next Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
What a ko-winky-dink! Mine say's 6'8 too!!

But I actually am 6'8".....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What a ko-winky-dink! Mine say's 6'8 too!!

But I actually am 6'8".....

Yeah, I tried to grow into my CPL over the last couple of days - it hasn't been going so well.  I think I'm stuck at a comparatively dwarfish 5'8".
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't worry about it either.  If a cop ever ask's you about it, act like you didn't notice and say you'll get it corrected.  The name and address is going to match your drivers license so it's not like you're using someone else's CPL.

Have them correct it when you renew.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top