Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2009 8:47:48 PM EDT
Is body armor legal in Michigan? I did a search and could only find that you need a Sheriff's signature if you're a felon to own it.  Can non-felons order and own it without a problem? I have some... things left over from my army days and would like to set up a rig, but would like to know if I can buy soft armor and plates for a SHTF rig. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, Yes you should be ok - unless you have been convicted of a "violent felony."
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. My record is clean... just needed some clarification Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep your fine.. I own both soft and hard armor and no one has shot my dog yet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
i actually picked up a medium interceptor with sapis for $150 at harrys surplus last month. i flipped it for $350 on gun broker, could have maid $1000 on ebay if they still allowed it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
the gov has never sold interseptor vests soooooo that would mean?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
That buying and selling stolen gov't property is a crime.  SAPI  plates are seriel numbered and never sold on the surplus market.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Just because they're ceramic small arms plates, doesnt mean they're government property ($400/pair is about normal)...  as far as Interceptor vests?––- there are non––.gov versions... which run around $1000 new.

So there are totally legal 'interceptor' vests/sapis out there... not all are .gov property...  

Lets not jump to conclusions here~~
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i actually picked up a medium interceptor with sapis for $150 at harrys surplus last month. i flipped it for $350 on gun broker, could have maid $1000 on ebay if they still allowed it.

They have Interceptors at Harrys?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#9]
dude, if you find a small there with plates for that price let me know, my daughter needs a new vest,

i'll just send my dad over to pick it up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top