Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 1:58:07 PM EDT
A friend of mine is asking and I told him I dont think so but wanted to make sure. Anyone got a definitive answer?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes he can:

MSP CCW Info

Concealed Pistol License Requirements

A. State Requirements

Applicants for a Michigan Concealed Pistol License must:

1. Be at least 21 years of age

2. Be a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted into the United States

3. Be a resident of the State of Michigan for at least 6 months prior to application. An applicant is a state resident if one of the following applies:

* The applicant possesses a valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver's license or state identification card
   * The applicant is lawfully registered to vote in Michigan
   * The applicant is on active duty status with the United States Armed Forces and stationed outside of Michigan, but Michigan is the home of record
     The applicant is on active duty status with the United States Armed Forces and is permanently stationed in Michigan, but the home of record is another state
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
yup, he most definitely can.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

yup, he most definitely can.

Also agree, and know this to be true first hand.

Before my wife got her citizenship, she was a resident of MI, had her green card and MI drivers license, then got her CPL.  She could carry and buy handguns just like anyone else.  She could also get hunting and fishing licenses.  Just couldn't vote or serve on a jury.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
NVM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top