Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 5:57:33 AM EDT
I made a few calls yesterday and I can't even find anyone that keeps them in stock regularly. If you know anyone who might still have some in stock, let me know. I'm willing to drive like an hour so Brighton, Novi, Kalamazoo, etc. are all fine.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The Gillroys Hardware in downtown usually carries them.  Not sure if they are in stock now or not though.  nobody in Novi or Brighton carries them that I know of (that's my stomping grounds).
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#2]
A hardware store that carries AR-15 lowers?...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You must be sorta young - back in the day a LOT of hardware stores sold guns, ammo, and shooting supplies.  Still see it out west and in the sticks...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Indeed, and from my one trip there, a hardware store full of very nice guys selling AR-15 lowers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried calling them and they said they didn't have any. Can you guys think of any other places that would sell just a stripped lower? If not I'm probably going to drive out to Marine City tomorrow (2 hour and 20 min drive according to google) lol.

I'm buying my upper and all that stuff through Del-Ton... I guess I could just put a lower on order and wait it out...
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I tried calling them and they said they didn't have any. Can you guys think of any other places that would sell just a stripped lower? If not I'm probably going to drive out to Marine City tomorrow (2 hour and 20 min drive according to google) lol.

I'm buying my upper and all that stuff through Del-Ton... I guess I could just put a lower on order and wait it out...

Why not have him ship it to a FFL in the Lansing area?  Suppose he charges $15 to ship and the FFL is $15, you break even on gas and save yourself some time.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]
If I'm going to ship it to an FFL I might as well order online though. I can get one through Del-Ton for $105 + shipping I just have to wait a month or two for it... I'll probably just do that I guess.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed, and from my one trip there, a hardware store full of very nice guys selling AR-15 lowers.

My dad still has his first 20ga shotgun he bought from montgomery wards or maybe it was sears.  Either way I laughed really hard.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You need to get out more

We have some RRA lowers due in any day. I heard our Hamilton store had some DPMS lowers but check to make sure.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I purchased a lower from Easy_E's shop (Gillroys Hardware) a couple weeks ago.  They are located in downtown St. Johns.  We talked shop while paperwork was being processed.  Great guys working there and they will help you out if you stop in.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 for Easy_E.  Made me a nice deal on a Beretta 92FS  When I was in there last they had several AR lowers.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 for Easy_E and the crew!  Have gone through PLENTY of transfers there, ammo and other stuff!  They carry lowers as well as LPK...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Gillroys Hardware in downtown usually carries them.  Not sure if they are in stock now or not though.  nobody in Novi or Brighton carries them that I know of (that's my stomping grounds).

+1 for Gillroy's.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I called again today and I got a better answer than last time, but still nobody knows exactly when they'll be in which I understand. Easy_E if you think you're getting some in relatively soon is there any way you can let me know when they're in? I don't want to annoy all your staff by calling every day lol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I called again today and I got a better answer than last time, but still nobody knows exactly when they'll be in which I understand.

I'm sorry the last two weeks have been crazy. If I would have known we would have a antigun president elected ten days before opening day of gun season I would have planed better.
I called RRA again and they don't want to promise anything just I'm inline. We don't mind the calls just keep calling or stop in and check.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#17]
xpinchx I sent you a message
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top