Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2008 3:15:03 AM EDT
IT FREEZES AT 32 DEGREES!!

Glad I am off the road but apparently ever other cop on the road last night had "that first freeze" experience.

When it is nearly winter and nearly 32 check the road often, bridges freeze earlier than other areas.  Shaded areas can freeze or still be frozen in the day time.

I am probably preaching to the choir here but find those who never got this lesson and help it sink in.

End of science content for the day.

GO WINGS!

Joe
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish the dumb ass that rear ended me knew that..

Zar
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep,

With the onset of the fluffy white stuff, Lots of Illinois geniouses doing the synchronized ditching maneuver over here. I swear they must teach ditching in Illinois drivers Ed, nobody does it as well.

S-28
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yep,

With the onset of the fluffy white stuff, Lots of Illinois geniouses doing the synchronized ditching maneuver over here. I swear they must teach ditching in Illinois drivers Ed, nobody does it as well.

S-28

Joe

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yep,

S-28

Ain't that the damn truth.

FIPS.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
97% of drivers say SHIT when they hit ice. The other 3% are from Michigan and they say, "Hold my beer and watch this shit."
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
My prof flipped her car tuesday because the city decided to flush a hydrant into the street in 20 degree weather.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, like she didnt see the big waterspout flooding the road with ice a foot thick?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh, like she didnt see the big waterspout flooding the road with ice a foot thick?

I guess a truck cut her off.  It was on E Beltline.  If you know Grand Rapids, you know E Beltline is a warzone during commuting times.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess a truck cut her off.  It was on E Beltline.  If you know Grand Rapids, you know E Beltline is a warzone during commuting times.

+1 e beltline is a bitch during rush hour....well anytime really.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 e beltline is a bitch during rush hour....well anytime really.

I live in the city now, I used to live out there and Ill take city driving any day over beltline.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top