Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 12:45:51 PM EDT
Are there any welding stores open on Saturday?

I’m building a semi auto sten and reactive targets but I ran out of Aragon and oxygen yesterday. Are their any places open now?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I dn't know of any places that fill tanks on the weekends.  

I have gone to Lowes in a pinch to get welding wire and simple stuff.

Seems like a place could make sme money being open on a Saturday.

-Cthor
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
My two latest welding projects
A reactive target with pendulum reset.
http://manicroger.com/reactivetarget.JPG
It’s made from rebar; 1/4” steel an some steel tubing to act as sockets so it can be broken down into 4 pieces for transportation. I plan on putting a string in between the legs so that it will stop swinging after it comes down the first time.

My first 80% kit gun, 90% complete.
http://manicroger.com/sasmk3v.JPG
It’s a sten mk3, and a semi auto conversion kit from Indianapolis ordinance, w/ vertical mag well. I ran out of shield gas on Friday so I can’t weld it together until Monday. I still need to decide if I want to make a pistol or rifle. When I put the barrel extension on I may just silver solder it on so I can take it off if they ever allow SBR’s in Michigan. I would prefer a commando folding stock, but I might have to cut the t stock off back and design my own pistol grip. I would prefer an mk5 style pistol grip but I don’t think the rest of my parts would be compatible with an mk5 trigger housing.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#3]
napalm113, Cool sight!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
might wanna take the pic down of the sten..... seems like the barrel extension should have been the first thing to do after getting rid of the bad FA parts and before building so you wouldnt be in posesion of a SBR..... or possibly be seen by the atf with the intent....

but besides that it looks great, did you use a dremel to finish the receiver? i have 3 sten kits to put together as semi's and one as a pistol so i can keep it with the short barrel and get away from the ant eater look and 922r..... also i am looking for any input you might have, did you take pics throughout the build process? ive been wanting to check out one of those vertical feed stens and see if they function as well as the normal setup...

has anyone built a pistol from a 80% receiver and what kinda hassle did they give you when you went to register it with the local PD....?

IMA sells pistol grips that should work for your build....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
In the old pic it wasn't welded, just placed together.  Now it’s welded, i cropped the new pic so it looks like a short barrel. I can’t decide if I want to go pistol or carbine. It’s not a “real” sten, so I’m conflicted about being limited to original sten parts. I might chop off the t and make my own pistol grip with wood grips. I’ll see what I can find in gun store dollar bins this week.

The bolt and tube are from a kit by Indianapolis ordinance.

I still need to figure out what to do about sights while I'm at it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Tractor Supply has some gasses for sale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top