Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2008 11:50:47 AM EDT
In the market for a new safe - wondering if anyone has seen any bargains locally here lately.  Trying to keep it to around $800 for a medium size safe.  If you happen to see anything let me know.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Sam's Club.  Have seen fire safe for twenty or so rifles at $600.  Maybe need customer service to locate nearest store.  Regards
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll second that. Sam's has a very nice Centurion safe from Liberty. I got the same thing (Remington) aka Sportsman 20 for $640 from Dunhams on sale made by Llibery. I would have purchased from Sam's but saw it after the fact...

I'm very pleased with the Liberty safe and thought it was a pretty good deal from a very good manufacturer.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I noticed THIS ONE at Sams and it caught my interest.  It is made in the USA by Granite Safes.  The only problem I see with it though is that it is an electric lock.  I, for whatever reason, am partial to a dial.

Another that interested me is THIS one from Cannon Safe at Sam's.  Again, digital dial though.  

I'll have to check out the Centurion safe.  Didn't see it on the site.  any chance you remember the cost?

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Able Safe in Warren has a great selection on Liberty safes, and gave me a great deal.

Outside of that, Gander mountain has a good selection
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
www.silverbulletfirearms.com in Grand Rapids.

I know they carry alot of safes.

Maybe On Target in Kalamazoo too?  I forget if they had any.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Gander Mountain in Flint had some good deals on some safes when I was up there on Monday.  I think the one I checked out was a mid-size Liberty.  They wanted $850 I believe.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Craig'slist.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll have to check out Gander Mtn at lunch.  I have been watching Craigslist when I think about it.  There was an AMSEC on there I was considering, but the poster set the price at $900 then 2 days later raised it to $1200.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=308536
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thanks.  I had seen that video.  I am blessed to live in an area with next to no crime, so I really see little need for a super expensive safe.  On top of that, if I have 2 guys flipping the thing and hacking on it like they did, I have bigger fish to fry.  

It  mostly is to be used to keep my children out and be a deterrent in the unlikely event of a break-in.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  I had seen that video.  I am blessed to live in an area with next to no crime, so I really see little need for a super expensive safe.  On top of that, if I have 2 guys flipping the thing and hacking on it like they did, I have bigger fish to fry.  

It  mostly is to be used to keep my children out and be a deterrent in the unlikely event of a break-in.  

In that case, I'd tell you to look into Stack-on's line of fire resistant residential security containers*. Better price point, more capacity per dollar, and more than adequate for the needs you mentioned. stackon.com/securityplus/elite_safes/index.html

Pretty much all the common "gun safes" sold at commercial outlets are actually residential security containers. Know what you're buying and adjust your expectations accordingly. THR has a couple resident safe experts, and reading their posts will save you much time and money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top