Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2006 7:05:35 AM EDT
I filed my paperwork in Oakland County on the 15th of September and received my license (new, not a renewal) in the mail on the 29th.

I was expecting another few weeks yet but this is a suprise.

I guess they can get the permits issued alot quicker if they don't contact any of your references.
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You suck

I put mine in back in Aug (Kalamazoo) and I am still waiting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You suck

Quite a few people have told me that Oakland County is one of the quicker counties out there.  

My instructor and a few board members here told me to expect a 3-4 week wait.  What is the average wait like in Kalamazoo County?
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I got mine ni 3.5 weeks from oakland county.  In fact I was in the process of moving to wayne county and while we still had both houses I filed in oakland county because of the horror stories about wayne
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Where does one apply for a renewal in Oakland Co.?

I recently moved there and haven't the foggiest idea of where to go.

TIA

jim

Edit: BTW congrats on the quick time - mine took something like 4 months in Macomb!
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where does one apply for a renewal in Oakland Co.?

I recently moved there and haven't the foggiest idea of where to go.

TIA

jim

Edit: BTW congrats on the quick time - mine took something like 4 months in Macomb!

1200 North Telegraph Rd. It is a huge white building with a equally huge 1200 written on the top of it.  East side of the road right around where M-59 and Telegraph meet.

It is the county court house.  Just go through security, to the right, than a left, and down the hallway. It is on your left.  Can't miss it.  The fingerprinting area is right across the street.
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!

I drive by there on the way home from work every day. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice. I applied a month ago in Macomb county. They give us a password and name to login and see where you are at in the application process, and everything was going pretty quickly, with all but the last 2 steps done within 2 1/2 weeks. Now, according to the site, the sheriff has recieved all my background checks and needs to send it all to the clerks office, which has not been done yet.  I'm hoping that by next week I will know when I have to go before the gun board. Between school and work, I need some notice before I can get the time off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2006 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You suck

Quite a few people have told me that Oakland County is one of the quicker counties out there.  

My instructor and a few board members here told me to expect a 3-4 week wait.  What is the average wait like in Kalamazoo County?

I was told 2 to 3 months.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#9]
hate to bring this back, but just an update on Macomb county. Doesnt seem the wait is that long any more. From application to gun board meeting and license in hand was 5 weeks for me. I talked to a couple guys there before the meeting, and they said they were waiting 6-7 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top