Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 6:47:41 AM EDT
Ok, for years I have known whites as way over priced and somewhat hard to work with. I just called up there and talked to Ralph’s son. Every time he treats me, or whoever he is talking to like a complete asshole. I have heard nothing good about that shop for a long time. Usually I just go up there to pick up something real quick, but I am done, this last phone call was the last straw. I really hate to give into corporate America and buy ammo from a 16 year old kid who has never even shot a gun, but I am done. Anyone else have any other experience from them?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to have that same perception, but took a chance a few weeks ago on my lunch hour and stopped in.  

They had a Winchester 94 Legacy .357 that caght my eye.  I had priced the same gun at Gander a week before...they didn't have one, but thought they could get one.   The used but LNIB unfired rifle that White's had was literally half the price.  Blew my mind.

The old man was more than pleasant to deal with, and even threw in a box of .357 JHPs.  

They turn a lot of used guns, so I'll check back with them for other things I don't need.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I used to have that same perception, but took a chance a few weeks ago on my lunch hour and stopped in.  

They had a Winchester 94 Legacy .357 that caght my eye.  I had priced the same gun at Gander a week before...they didn't have one, but thought they could get one.   The used but LNIB unfired rifle that White's had was literally half the price.  Blew my mind.

The old man was more than pleasant to deal with, and even threw in a box of .357 JHPs.  

They turn a lot of used guns, so I'll check back with them for other things I don't need.  

yea, ralph (the old guy) is ok, but i just walk out or hang up if his kid is workin there. do you guys know of another gun smith shop that knows about older stuff around the area, i might drive out to williams this weekend
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem with white's is he has been there forever, He doesn’t need the customers, ( its a hobby for him ) and He just plane does not give a shit. Its a bother to  him to be interrupted  when he is talking BS with one of the other Good Old Boys.
SM
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah. they are both jerks.

I ONLY use them for FFL transfers. He does em for 25.00 Way cheaper than gander and WAY WAY cheaper than gun barn. (jerks too)

When I need a new gun, I go to Gander. They are always nice to me. and 9 out of 10 times they have what I want. I dont like corporate either, but I'm not going to go where my money isnt appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#5]
There both a bunch of weirdos, I've dealt with them at MAC shows in the past. The old man is an ass and his son is even a bigger one. Whats up with the son's thumbs any of you ever notice how fucked up they look, anyway stay clear of them guys. Years ago i was going to buy a Browning inglis high power with the attaching stock/holster, this is before we could use our ccw's for a purchasing permit. Anyway, both the father and the son were at the shop and they both quoted me 750.00 for the gun, I put 250 down on it and told them to take it to the MAC show in Novi that weekend and i'll come up there with a permit. I show up, permit in hand along with 500 bones and the old man says this gun is worth 1250.00 and that i need to come up with 500 more if i'm gonna get it. We then had a big argument with lots of cussing on my part , I ended up taking my 250 back and have been spreading the word ever since to stay away from them. Pricks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top