Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:07:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:13:29 AM EDT
[#1]
He shot his MAC10 right after me on Friday, but I didn't get to see him shoot.  I was putting my stuff away and he was done by the time I turned around.  Must not have been too bad.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Did'nt do too good! I mean the course was fast and the shooters were too. I was clearing targets alright with both the mac and the 76 but apparently I was taking too much time to knock everything down. I certainly did a faster score with the mac vs the 76. Practice is what I need to start doing!

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So how did you make out?

I guess I did okay.  Of course, there are places to improve.  

Subgun competition doesn't come around nearly as often as I would like, so I try to get in as much shooting as possible when the opportunity arises.  Since I don't have a closed-bolt gun with optics, I innovated. I just wanted to get to shoot in another category.  Here's my Reising with custom scope and mount.

Had I asked to shoot an iron-sighted gun in optics class, they probably would have been fine with that.  But I thought my "scope" would be more fun.  When I came to the line I was told "absolutely not!"  

So I yanked off the "scope" and shot in "Closed bolt/iron sight" class.  We had a good-natured discussion later about what exactly makes a "scope" and what does not.  If it needs a lense, I can add a lense.  Also, I was told that packing tape was not an appropriate means of attachment.  "It could become a safety hazard if it were to come off" I was told.  I don't agree with that, but we won't go there.  

That night just for fun, I picked up a cheap rail and screwed it into the side of my stock.  I then bolted the scope from my M11 to the gun.  When I showed up on Saturday, I had a gun with a scope installed.  The rules don't state that the scope has to be used.  For that matter, they don't state that a scope has to be mounted.  

A friend offered to let me shoot his MP5 for Optics class so I ended up shooting that, but everyone got a kick out of the improved scope mount.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top