Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:12:57 AM EDT
I understand that those of you that ususally put this together are probably really buisy now, due to all of the new classIII stuff happening but iI was just wondering if anyone has thought about this or not? Is the DNR going to be able to get us a dumpster again? Or am I jumping the gun(pun intended)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Been thinking about that myself.

Gonna be a busy month for me though. Trying to get ready to move the girlfriend & son. Probably gonna be busy most weekends this month packing boxes and moving stuff a little at a time.

One other thing to consider is that Knob Creek is happening sometime this month and that will pull some of the clean up regulars away for one weekend.

All that having been said, if someone puts it together, I will try and make it out to help.

Well it sounds like things are going good for you. Ya' know, they both looked like they had a blast last time, so when we get one scheduled you might as well take a day off from moving and bring them to the shoot with you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a good idea.  Though, last time the German exchange students I brought made me late and I missed the clean-up part (walked up with my shovels right as the last couple wheelbarrows of shit were put into the dumpster).  I never imagined people could fill a dumpster so quickly.

That place is such a mess, they don't make dumpsters big enough.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Been thinking about that myself.
All that having been said, if someone puts it together, I will try and make it out to help.

I'm up for a pit cleanup Lump, but only if you bring that damned cat (so we have a mobile target!). BTW, you wont be able to get a hold of me at work anymore since I dont work there anymore :)  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#5]
If someone does put a pit clean up togeather please post a new PIT CLEAN UP thread.  I'll be there as long as I've got advanced notice.  And I've probably got 2 maybe 3 others that will show up with me.  We shoot there regularly.  I don't mind the shit out there but it needs to be cleaned from time to time.  Sign us up.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
It needs it, I was there saturday and it was a trash heap. I've seen it worse in the past though, I still dont understand why these people cant take their shit with them when they leave. I took up a steel target and brought it home when i left. The only shit i've ever left is brass and bullets. McM
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think people care about the brass.  There's enough guys that collect brass that it just kind of takes care of itself.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
i shoot at the pit regularly as well and was just there sunday.....that place definately needs a cleaning.  I have to drive an hour and a half to get there as it is the closest and best place I know of to shoot. (live downriver)  I heard the state gets pissed if the place gets too messy and will shut it down.  I really don't want that to happen so if anyone can ever get out there with a way to dispose of some of that crap please post it and I can be out there with at least three buddies to help out. by the way, if we can't shoot tannerite at the pit, where can we go?  I don't know anyone with propery out here and i have 20lbs of the stuff in the mail as we speak.  i can't wait to put a round in that stuff... surely there is another pit that is further from houses near here.... or is there?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not 100% but I believe it is illegal on state land anywhere. Something in the regs about explosives.

If you are concerned about the pit getting closed because of the mess just keep in mind  the Tannerite will get it closed 100X faster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top