Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:34 PM EDT
Anyone a member?  It looks like a nice place, and cheaper than Silver Bullet for warm-weather shooting.
Whats the membership fees like?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been a member for a couple years.

It's a $100 a year, and with that comes the combination to the gate lock.  You can shoot there from dusk til dawn 365 days a year.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, it's a good range, the only one I know with a 500yard range
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot trap and skeet there on Tuesdays nights as a non-member.  Good group of guys.  The only resaon I'm not a member is that I'm already a member of West Walker.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I shoot trap and skeet there on Tuesdays nights as a non-member.  Good group of guys.  The only resaon I'm not a member is that I'm already a member of West Walker.

Can you tell me anything about WW?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:09:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I am a member of South Kent Sportsmans Club.  I love the place.  I'll be happy to take you shooting there as my guest so that you can see first hand what the place is like.  Just IM or e-mail me and we can coordinate a mutually agreeable time.   Their website is SKSC.org
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been a member for a couple years.

It's a $100 a year, and with that comes the combination to the gate lock.  You can shoot there from dusk til dawn 365 days a year.

First year is $100 a year and then if you do some work time (big 4 hours) then your next years renewal gets $40 knocked off.  So the 2nd year is $60.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you tell me anything about WW?

One warning the 200yrd range is going in right now sow the rifle range is down. Not shire when the ranges will be open again.

http://www.wwsc.org/contact_information.htm
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]
WW has very nice trap and skeet fields, but they charge more per line then SK.  They also have nice pistol and rifle ranges, but they tend to get busy on the weekends.  My biggest grip about WW is that you can't bring visitors other than immediate family.  I brought my 12 year old neighbor kid to the range to teach him to shoot and some Charter member (range nazi) got all bent out of shape and made me leave.  Ironicaly, two days later a squirrel took out their transformer, I made sure the crew took their sweet time refusing it.  I HATE range nazis!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WW has very nice trap and skeet fields, but they charge more per line then SK.  They also have nice pistol and rifle ranges, but they tend to get busy on the weekends.  My biggest grip about WW is that you can't bring visitors other than immediate family.  I brought my 12 year old neighbor kid to the range to teach him to shoot and some Charter member (range nazi) got all bent out of shape and made me leave.  Ironicaly, two days later a squirrel took out their transformer, I made sure the crew took their sweet time refusing it.  I HATE range nazis! hr

Squirrels should all be shot.  Keep them off all the transformers.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I've learned that all of the good places to shoot are not in SE MI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top