Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 6:21:20 PM EDT
Kerry asked me to put this up for you. Its an ATF letter about AOW's.

home.comcast.net/~sessa7106/ATF_AOW.pdf
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
And a copy of my email from MSP's Debra Smith.

home.comcast.net/~sessa7106/AOW.pdf
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And a copy of my email from MSP's Debra Smith.

home.comcast.net/~sessa7106/AOW.pdf

does that apply to the "super-shorty" shotguns as well?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Mike (and Kerry)! And Furner, I'm sure he feels it does, I was inquiring about the AOW shotgun posted in another thread, that's why he posted it to my attention. And I see no reason at all why it wouldn't. On top of that, we've already established that the gentleman pictured with the AOW shotgun does in fact have all the proper papers for it.

So, yes, we can get them! BUT, remember, the definition of an AOW means it was not made from a shotgun (that would be a short barrelled shotgun, illegal in Michigan.... gotta love semantics!). To do this (and be classified as an AOW) it must begin life as a virgin never assembled receiver, specific intention being manufacture of an AOW (by a properly licensed firearms manufacturer).

So, we can indeed buy them! I'll have to get started on the paperwork shortly after the next job ends. If all goes well, I'll be working 7 days a week 12 hours a day by mid next week, for a period of 1 to 2 months (hoping for 2!). OT makes me smile.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
So does anybody sell an AOW shotgun with a barrel length around 12"-14"?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a link I found on these types of weapons, hope it helps!

http://www.serbu.com/shorty.htm

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Lumpy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top