Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 6:09:23 PM EDT
Tomorrow! Who is in?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Either tomorrow or Sunday. I have a sign I have to install for a customer tomorrow morning and there is also a Builders show at Perrani arena in Flint. So, I've got a busy weekend, but I plan to make it. I'll have a "vote from the rooftops" sweatshirt on, so you'll know me.

Kris
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going,  the ammunition store better have some good deals.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Won`t be able to make it later today.Going to King of the Cage.But,what time they shut down sunday?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The wife is working so I may take the kids and go up and see what kind of high priced junk I can find.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Won`t be able to make it later today.Going to King of the Cage.But,what time they shut down sunday?

I think it is 4 on Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I went, I paid, I looked and I walked out with 2 NHMTG 20 rounders for $25.

I only found 1 guy selling any 7.62x39, it was Brown Bear and he wanted $5/20 rds.  He also had some Bloc x39 for the same price.  Then on the end of the table he had a 500 rd case for $110.  I passed.

Saw alot of FA guns (does anyone else not like the term "Machine gun"?), nothing I could afford on my meager wage.  Also found a Bushy stripped lower for $200, passed on that too.

All in all, another disappointment, but where else can you spent the afternoon with your kids for $6 and the cost of some pop corn.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Those gun shows completely blow.  I wouldn't even go to them if it wasn't for the ammunition store.  Even they kinda suck.  I ended up getting a bunch of ammo cans and ammo, nothing exciting.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#8]
My son & I went.  Walked out with an RCBS lube pad for a buck & a couple CR123 batteries for $5.
My son bought a set of new RCBS .243 dies for $12. I took a lesson on negotiating from him on that one
Passed on Ithaca 66 lever .410 for $189.  DPMS & RR stripped lowers for $125 were tempting but I already have 2 stripped lowers waiting patiently for me to breath life into them.  Tried hard to make a deal or two on a couple 1911's....no joy.  $200-$250 SKS's seem just a little high even for the "rare Chinese models"

Over heard some disturbing talk from a couple vendors.  Damn, I'm as redneck as the next guy from up north but for Christ's sake this is 2006 is it really necessary to say out loud the cops in Flint should just start "shooting those fuckin' n@##!@!"  ?????  

The tinfoil is getting thick with some vendors too.  "The government is really cracking down on ammo sales.  They don't want civilians to own much anymore"
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#9]
HEHEHEhhehehehe. I know what you mean. Gun people can be quite paranoid. But you know something - maybe your not paranoid when they really are out to get you!

On a lighter note I picked up and took delivery of my SMG PS MAC 10 at this same gun show! Let's hope the Russkies don't start making Kalashnikovs in 45 acp or I will truly be screwed on buying the relatively cheap Wolf 45 ammo!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, pretty much the same ol crap. I walked out with a $40 smoke grenade from ammo store and that's about it. I should have waited to set it off until it was less windy. It was cool though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
All I bought was some South African .308

Wish I could still find some Aussie .308

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My son & I went.  Walked out with an RCBS lube pad for a buck & a couple CR123 batteries for $5.
My son bought a set of new RCBS .243 dies for $12. I took a lesson on negotiating from him on that one
Passed on Ithaca 66 lever .410 for $189.  DPMS & RR stripped lowers for $125 were tempting but I already have 2 stripped lowers waiting patiently for me to breath life into them.  Tried hard to make a deal or two on a couple 1911's....no joy.  $200-$250 SKS's seem just a little high even for the "rare Chinese models"

Over heard some disturbing talk from a couple vendors.  Damn, I'm as redneck as the next guy from up north but for Christ's sake this is 2006 is it really necessary to say out loud the cops in Flint should just start "shooting those fuckin' n@##!@!"  ?????  

The tinfoil is getting thick with some vendors too.  "The government is really cracking down on ammo sales.  They don't want civilians to own much anymore"

Actually that would be the UN. They don't want any of us to get that surplus ammo.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
funny, i thought the show was better than the ones in the past, i got pretty much eveything i was lookin for cept 7.62x39, i really liked the polish under folder too, wish i would have picked that up, and the flat top ar10 for 1k wasnt to bad either.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I think one big problem with the MI gun shows is all the people selling items which have nothing to do with guns, hunting or anything along those lines.

I was at the Louisville gun show in KY a few weeks back and WOW was that AMAZING!  It was HUGE and guess what, it was all guns or things to do with firearms and hunting.

None of that BS fleamarket garbage you see at so many MI gun shows.

I saw people selling kiddie chairs, remote control and toy cars just all kinds of things which make the whole place look like a swap meet....

Sunday there were not many people walking around on the floor selling but a couple dealers I know told me it was crazy how many people came in and were walking around with their guns to sell...  You can really find somegreat deals on the floors.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Next time you're in Louisville ask the dealers there why they don't come up to Michigan shows.
You'll get a real education.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Next time you're in Louisville ask the dealers there why they don't come up to Michigan shows.
You'll get a real education.

Alright, I gotta ask.  Why won't they come up to MI shows?  I won't be going to Louisville anytime soon to ask for myself.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Some do come to MI.
Some don't.... (Yes I know MANY more don't)

Why?  Lots of pain in the ass laws I would imagine....  Oh let me guess, I am sure someone is going to blame this one on gun registration as well....

Bill Goodman still does shows, just no longer in Michigan.

Regardless, there is no reason the show promoters should allow people to sell items that are not related to the shows topic.

Real clear on the dealer app. for the KY shows it clearly says "No TShirts, no non firearm, tactical or hunting related items allowed, this is not a flea market"  Seems the promoters here just care about selling as many tables as they can...  They should start caring about what the people who visit the shows think.  If I want to go buy peoples old clothes, books, cookware and baby items I will go to Girbraltir <sp?> trade center....  Hell, you know what...  In the gun show section they don't even allow that crap....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#19]
It has nothing to do with Michigan laws or registration.
It has to do with attitude and the flow of cash.
I don't speak from experience because I only do Michigan shows, but I know a lot of dealers who will not come to Michigan because it isn't worth their while and they won't put up with what they say are customers with bad attitudes.
I agree that there is too much non-gun related junk at Michigan shows, but that's the promoters fault.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#20]
The Midland Gun Show (April 22nd and 23rd) is one of the best in Michigan because they limit table space to firearms and firearm/knife related items.  Sure, there are some other items on some tables but there's far less flea market crap than I've seen at any of the other shows in MI.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Seems to me the problem with the Mich. shows is that it is 1 promoter for almost all the shows. He likely does pretty well selling tables and collecting the gate. So I guess we get what we have - at least until either he starts cutting shows and someone else picks up the slack or he tries to add more vendors.

It is what it is

Chinook3
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#22]
how is the Detroit show at the fairgrounds?  any good?  same BS as birch run?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Same as Birch Run if not worse than Birch Run and only half the size when I was there a couple months ago....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Same as Birch Run if not worse than Birch Run and only half the size when I was there a couple months ago....

+1

... but I think you understate the comparison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top