Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:25:17 AM EDT
Why? Because I have an opportunity to meet the AG at a fundraiser which means I expect to be able to meet him, present him with campaign contributions, thank him for his opinion and perhaps query him as to what he's thinking about our issues.

If your interested in this idea please email me ASAP as to your level of interest and if you might like to join me. It's in the Metro Detroit area.

I may also like to present him with an award such as I presented to Ted Nugent back at the Lansing Jon Coon Brass Roots Rally, its a plated antique gold "Minute Man" figure suitable for hanging on a wall or an "Eagle".

If you guys have thoughts email me ASAP at

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I realize everybody is busy, a bit tapped out in the money department and have given and done as much as they can for now.

I may delay the certificate award presentation at this particular event and attempt to coordinate thru the AG's staff people whom I expect I will meet and get to know a bit better before we attempt this again. I still plan on attending and hope the people who have said they can make it still show up. I can count the number of our group attending this fundraiser on one hand.

We all know the NFA community is a small community but a turnout of 5 or 6 people does not demonstrate enough political firepower for us to throw our weight around. This is going to require some more development in building a larger group of activists over the next few months. I may even form a new group as I have been thinking seriously about establishing a Michigan NFA action organization. I will let you know.

Having said that I do believe if everybody did something such as distributing the flyers, made the contributions, got their friends to do it, sent substantial contributions then perhaps we have demonstrated some political firepower.

We need to be there for our man Attorney General Mike Cox, that is a fact, this demonstrates political clout and thats something we are not going to be able to demonstrate this Friday night. For that I am sorry as this is one of the cheapest per head fundraisers you'll find in order to make a head count show of force. So for Friday night the few of us who attend will simply attempt to get to know a few of the staff, perhaps thank the AG for what he has done verbally, perhaps query him as to his thoughts about silencers and talk casually with him and people we meet.

I still suggest if you can make plans to be there it is important to all of us to have more than just a few people representing our group. I hope you might reconsider what your doing this Friday night. I might also say that it is perhaps not a requirement to wear a suit and business casual would probably be ok too.

Thank you for all you have done, Michael P. Sessa
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top