Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 2:55:45 PM EDT
I've just seen a commercial for him. I've looked over his website and cannot find anything on his thoughts on guns, or even what party he is runnning for. All I know is that Granholm will not have my vote. So, what do you know about him? Any good?

Kris
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've just seen a commercial for him. I've looked over his website and cannot find anything on his thoughts on guns, or even what party he is runnning for. All I know is that Granholm will not have my vote. So, what do you know about him? Any good?

Kris

I am sure Granholm will do fine without your vote!  She is most likely going to win again.....

Ant
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kris

I am sure Granholm will do fine without your vote!  She is most likely going to win again.....

Ant

I think I just through up a little in my mouth..........

God I hate that big eared Bitch!

But i think you might be correct in your prediction.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:12:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kris

Ant

I think I just through up a little in my mouth..........

God I hate that big eared Bitch!

But i think you might be correct in your prediction.

Tall Shadow

God helps us. and the new "peoples republic of Michigan"
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Devos has had a table set up at the Gibralter Mt Clemens show for the past few months.
I have not taken the time to hear what they have to say.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to see Granholm (D. Canada) sent packin' as well.

Despite her hosing over every one of her constituant groups EXCEPT Detroit, she'll probably squeek by this time around.

I see a 48% Jenny, 46% Dick final vote.   Hope I'm wrong.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd like to see Granholm (D. Canada) sent packin' as well.

Despite her hosing over every one of her constituant groups EXCEPT Detroit, she'll probably squeek by this time around.

I see a 48% Jenny, 46% Dick final vote.   Hope I'm wrong.....

spread the word, help the cause, dont give up man.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Dick (amway) and Betsy Devos ran the Michigan GOP for a long time, Betsy as the open chair to avoid tarring the party as amway directly. They support conservative causes which are pro-gun (ie. CNP), but the rumor mill is that they are anti/country club GOPers.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
DeVos will get my vote, but I would have preffered Jack Hoogendyck.  My understanding is that he is supposed to be fairly conservative, and Jack wouldn't have pulled out of the race if he wasn't confident that DeVos was conservative and could win the votes.

Plenty of people despise Granholm (Including me).  I don't think that I've even met a Democrat that likes her.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool bumper sticker that's out there:

Create Jobs
Dump Granholm
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Davos has my vote as well.  I have not got a chance to inquire about his stand on gun laws, but I soon will.  I was in Traverse City for the Cherry festival this past summer where a recently returned reserve unit was the grand marshall of their parade.  Do you think that Granholm could have stopped and talked to some of the troops and thanked them?  No,  I witnessed her walk right on by.  This goes to show alot about her moral character.  As far as I can see she has not done a damn thing for MI future since she has been in office.  That last statement is putting it mildly.  When I find out more about Davos's stand I will post.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Screw Granholm , I have no choice but to Vote DeVoss . The sad thing is I think she will be elected again . No one beleives it , but it just might happen again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#12]
DUMP CANADIAN TRASH IN CANADA!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#13]
DUMP CANADIAN TRASH IN CANADA!

I think Granholm is rated as a Hazardous waste.

C.M.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll have to evaluate DeVos more before giving him a vote.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The DeVoses are VERY Dutch Reform Church. The Church, now renamed The Reformed Church in America, has the following formal position on guns:

Statements on Gun ControlSummary of General Synod Statements on Gun Control
The General Synod of the Reformed Church has several times voiced its support for stricter gun control. In 1969 a report from the Christian Action Commission reviewed the problem of violence in American society and the role played by firearms. One of the statistics given in the report is that six of every ten murders were committed with guns. "Murder, assassination, wounding caused by firearms is only a fragment of a greater problem. Yet it is an important part. Firearms are available to almost anyone in our society. With so few restrictions as to purchase, knowledge, or skill, guns obviously fall into irresponsible hands." General Synod passed a resolution to "request the Congress of the United States to require federal registration or licensing of all forearms" (MGS 1969, p. 242-243).

In 1977 the Christian Action Commission again brought statistics to the attention of General Synod that showed how firearms contribute to the problem of violence (MGS 1977, p. 200-201). For example:

"Private ownership of firearms in the South is nearly twice the ownership in the Northeast. Gun homicide is highest in the South, lowest in the Northeast; accidental gun deaths occur four times more frequently in the South than in the Northeast."

In 1973 FBI reported 13, 072 homicides, 10,340 of them involving handguns.
Resolutions were passed by the 1977 General Synod to:

reiterate the 1969 resolution, to "request the Congress of the U.S. to ban the manufacture and sale of handguns for civilian ownership";

"urge the members of the Reformed Church in America to render the handguns in their homes inoperable and/or enact stringent safety precautions for all weapons"; and

"urge the constituency of the Reformed Church in America to seek refinement and strict enforcement of present laws regulating gun ownership and use."
In 1988 General Synod reiterated its position on firearms, by instructing the minister for social witness to share with all congregations the 1977 position taken by the Reformed Church in America (MGS 1988, p. 109-110).

(There were major reports to General Synod in 1969 and 1977; the subject was also mentioned in 1976 and 1988. Refer to the indexes of the Minutes of General Synod.)

www.rca.org/aboutus/perspective/guncontrol.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Kiss my vote goodbye dude. I'll write someone in before I vote for a gun hater.

Render your guns inoperable?  

If I wanted to do that I'd name them after Granholm....

Or Hillary...

Armed and not so dangerous,

C.M.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:12:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah they are quite the uppity people, well when your filthy stinking rich who cares what the unwashed masses think.

Reminds me of the time the Devos's hosted a little party up in Lansing. Me and a couple of my buddies were standing around having the usual fuck this fuck that discussion and I was unaware that Betsy was standing right behind us - she turned around and her jaw was dropped wide open like she had never heard the word FUCK before - hahahahahahaha.

But it looks to me like the Devos's are going to have to pander for the gun vote as their base of support is probably a bit shy of enough support to put Dick in as the Governor.

We will have to push Devos to adopt a position of his own on guns and gun control. It should be quite interesting to see if the Castle Bill passes and if Granholm chooses to sign it or not - should be worth the torturous agony she will have to endure making a decision to cross the gunnies in an election year.

It also helps if the gunnies are energized to actually vote. If the gunnies came out and voted in mass every election cycle and told the UAW and all the other commie loving Democrat loving unions to fuck off things would be a whole lot better in this state.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#18]
RIGHT ON!!!!!
hail2.gifheadbang.gifhail.gif

BUSTOFF FOR GOVENOR!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Granholm sucks! This is the first election that I will be old enough to vote and she sure as hell isn't getting it. I live near Holland, which is very conservative, and when Granholm came to walk in the tulip time parade there was seriously like 15 people per block actually clapping for her. Everybody else just kind of stood there and glared at here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#20]

If the gunnies came out and voted in mass every election cycle and told the UAW and all the other commie loving Democrat loving unions to fuck off things would be a whole lot better in this state.

Gawd Amen to that.

RD
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Oddly enough, I haven't heard one fucking word out of Granholm for gun control, perhaps because she is so busy trying to run the state into the ground and hide her scandals that she hasn't had time to do so yet.  Devos and his Dutch reformed church can GF themselves.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Oddly enough, I haven't heard one fucking word out of Granholm for gun control, perhaps because she is so busy trying to run the state into the ground and hide her scandals that she hasn't had time to do so yet.  Devos and his Dutch reformed church can GF themselves.

She did openly concede that she was wrong about the effects of shall issue CCW in this state, and she did allow an experimental dove hunting season.

It will be interesting to see how DeVos positions himself on guns.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#23]
So what party is this guy running with?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
(R)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Dick Devos is running as the Republican nominee. He has had a table at the Gibraltar Trade Center Gun Show, So I expect him to portray himself as pro-gun. If he wants I will write his PRO GUN POSITION PAPER and he would have to sign a blood oath! If I'm elected I will sign any pro gun bill sent to me and I will veto any anti gun bill sent to me. I will urge the legislature to repeal state regulations on federally regulated firearms and devices as they are over-regulated to absurdity, please have it on my desk by January 2nd, 2006 for my signature. Concealed weapons, if somebody threatens your life you have the right to shoot first and ask questions later, you will be free from all criminal and civil actions. LOL - I could go on!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Correction - have that shit on my desk by January 2nd, 2007!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Correction - have that shit on my desk by January 2nd, 2007!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Sad thing is, Michigan is #1 in the country for unemployment.

That means everyone who demands a handout and who thinks they are entitled to it is going to continue to vote for a democrat.

The Unions and the Minorities will give her the votes she will need. Anyone else running against her is going to be called either anti union or a racisit.

The rest of the state just isn't big enough to get her out.

I will vote Republican (again) for the Govenor job.

She has got to go.

Trash, SBT...etc...terrible for this state.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Why is everyone worried about the Canadian trash coming to Michigan?

I really would like to know.

C.M.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Why is everyone worried about the Canadian trash coming to Michigan?

I really would like to know.

C.M.

This is my reasoning.

WM had 'pushed' recyling on most surrounding cities, some are madatory, some are not. Once the recyle centers were on line, they figured that the landfills would last another 10 years.

Once the centers were up and running, WM and the other landfill owners went to Canada and got that business.

How wrong is that?

2nd all day long I am on 96 and 275, I see leaking trucks and trucks not covered properly or secured properly dumping trash all over the roads. They are not Michigan plates, they are Ontario plates.

3rd, Canada harbors our Military cowards and we take trash from them....Something is not right with all of that.

But if you are for it, that is OK. I do not see a state that is as broke as ours doing what is right in the near future.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Ziti, the reason I asked is, I have yet to get a answer from someone other than, "It's just wrong."
Thanks for your comment.

I agree with you on most of your points except the importation of trash, but let me explain why.

I am a former employee of WM and remember how recycling was touted as the great savior of the environment. I agree with “pushing” recycling comment. I believe you are being polite when you phrase it that way. I believe it was being “crammed” down everyone’s throat.

While the recycling circus was running overtime, WM and all the other trash alphabets started permitting any space they could get as a landfill and filed for expansions at functioning landfills. This created the glut of landfill space we have today. Canadian trash has been shipped to Michigan for quite a number of years; people are just finally starting to notice. A company that shall remain nameless, was developing a plan to ship it here by rail. The importation of trash is a way for some companies to survive.

Enough history lessons, time for my point(s),

1. We send about as much hazardous waste to Canada as they import trash. I’ll accept trash (In a clean, professionally driven, properly maintained vehicle) if, they exchange the same amount in haz waste. As for the leaky trucks, poorly maintained vehicles regardless of size have no place on the road.

2. The glut of landfill space has directly related with the bottom line of the waste companies. The companies are no longer as profitable as they were. Add in all the recent takeovers and you end up with huge debt impacting the day-to-day operations. (Stick with me I’m almost there.) The trucks used to be washed once a week and were maintained to some of the highest standards in the trucking industry. Notice I said, “were”.   Our reasoning was, if it looks like it’s maintained, the better public perception of the whole company. The mechanics and drivers were also responsible to adhere to these standards.  There I go; I said, “were” again. This is the reason you see leaking trucks and drivers with a “cowboy” attitude.  Yes, there is something seriously wrong with that.

I really don’t se any problem with the importation of trash as long as we export a product just as bad.

As far as your third point, I couldn’t agree more. I will say this to those who fought and those who continue to fight for our country; “To every U.S. service man or woman living or dead, God Bless you and a personal thank you from my family and myself to you.”

As for recycling,
My personal observation of recycling is, I believe that the majority of recycling causes more harm to the environment than “entombing” the waste in a properly operated and maintained landfill. This was just a corporate ploy to increase profits in all waste companies. They just want you to feel good about so you don’t mind paying for it. Some communities that have a long-term contract with a landfill do not have to recycle. A station is set up and participation is voluntary for the residents of the community. I live in one of these voluntary communities. No, I don’t participate in the program.

Ex haz and solid waste slave,

C.M.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
... Canadian trash coming to Michigan?...

Whadya mean COMING?

SHE'S ALREADY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#33]
DITTO WE'RE TALKIN CANADIAN TRASH HERE AS IN GRANHOLM

THERE's BIG MONEY IN GARBAGE
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#34]
WE'RE TRASH TALKING!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The DeVoses are VERY Dutch Reform Church. The Church, now renamed The Reformed Church in America, has the following formal position on guns:

Statements on Gun ControlSummary of General Synod Statements on Gun Control
The General Synod of the Reformed Church has several times voiced its support for stricter gun control. In 1969 a report from the Christian Action Commission reviewed the problem of violence in American society and the role played by firearms. One of the statistics given in the report is that six of every ten murders were committed with guns. "Murder, assassination, wounding caused by firearms is only a fragment of a greater problem. Yet it is an important part. Firearms are available to almost anyone in our society. With so few restrictions as to purchase, knowledge, or skill, guns obviously fall into irresponsible hands." General Synod passed a resolution to "request the Congress of the United States to require federal registration or licensing of all forearms" (MGS 1969, p. 242-243).

In 1977 the Christian Action Commission again brought statistics to the attention of General Synod that showed how firearms contribute to the problem of violence (MGS 1977, p. 200-201). For example:

"Private ownership of firearms in the South is nearly twice the ownership in the Northeast. Gun homicide is highest in the South, lowest in the Northeast; accidental gun deaths occur four times more frequently in the South than in the Northeast."

In 1973 FBI reported 13, 072 homicides, 10,340 of them involving handguns.
Resolutions were passed by the 1977 General Synod to:

reiterate the 1969 resolution, to "request the Congress of the U.S. to ban the manufacture and sale of handguns for civilian ownership";

"urge the members of the Reformed Church in America to render the handguns in their homes inoperable and/or enact stringent safety precautions for all weapons"; and

"urge the constituency of the Reformed Church in America to seek refinement and strict enforcement of present laws regulating gun ownership and use."
In 1988 General Synod reiterated its position on firearms, by instructing the minister for social witness to share with all congregations the 1977 position taken by the Reformed Church in America (MGS 1988, p. 109-110).

(There were major reports to General Synod in 1969 and 1977; the subject was also mentioned in 1976 and 1988. Refer to the indexes of the Minutes of General Synod.)

www.rca.org/aboutus/perspective/guncontrol.html

First of all I go to an RCA church that is very gun friendly and my pastor loves shooting my ARs and M14SA.  The RCA is dominated by its east coast liberal denominational base, you have to take it on a church to church basis.

I wouldn't base my vote on the fact that he is Dutch Reformed... these folks can't even agree on whether or not its ok to dedicate a baby instead of baptizing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll piss off a few people here by bringing up the fact that since the CCW reform, Granholm has signed every pro gun piece of legislation that has come across her desk.
Now, I don't think she's our friend, but she is smart enough to see that being anti gun in Michigan will hurt her.
We have NO track record on Devos.
He's got a lot of work to do to convince me.
I'm a single issue voter
Michigans economy is a shambles, but that's not entirely Granholms fault. I just don't think she's doing enough to correct it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'll piss off a few people here by bringing up the fact that since the CCW reform, Granholm has signed every pro gun piece of legislation that has come across her desk.
Now, I don't think she's our friend, but she is smart enough to see that being anti gun in Michigan will hurt her.
We have NO track record on Devos.
He's got a lot of work to do to convince me.
I'm a single issue voter
Michigans economy is a shambles, but that's not entirely Granholms fault. I just don't think she's doing enough anything to correct it.

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#38]
You got me there!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I too am a single issue voter (guns) but something has to be said for the fact that Michigan is the ONLY state that has lost jobs in the current economic climate.  I think a lot of the blame has to be laid at Engler's doorstep, at least over here by me (Kalamazoo) but Jenny's not doing anything to fix it either.

When I got back from Iraq I had to shake her hand... it was difficult.  Had to control the gag reflex, I felt like saying so much!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#40]
He has one sentence on his site that mentions the 2nd Amendment and it says ... Ah yes, here it is:

Dick DeVos will protect your second amendment rights. He is the only candidate for Governor that will stand up for all law-abiding Michigan gun owners.

Source
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#41]
At least Granholm acknowledged the fact that you served in Iraq.  When part of my company returned she walked right by and barely said good morning.  She has never got my vote and never will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top