Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 6:28:12 AM EDT
A friend told me that the Dunham's in Flint got robbed.  He said they made off with a Ar15 and a Wasr.   I looked at the local news websites and couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if Dunham's was robbed. But Williams was about three weeks ago. And from what Mainerd at Bullocks has said, Near 50% of firearms shops in Genesee county have been robbed in the last six months.

Something is up. Coincidentally gang wars are heating up as well in the same time period. I just hope it isn't ROP's getting ready.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Williams was robbed? Damn, that place has some great stuff! (Well, they did anyway). I'm guessing we're talking a burglary here, as opposed to outright robbery?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
According to the Flint Urinal, page A8, a pair of males entered the store at about 1pm Monday and looked at the gun display. They returned later with a handgun and stole cash and two guns-an Armalite AR180 and a WASR-10 and a box of ammo. They escaped after loading one of the guns with 30 rounds.

eta this was Durham's
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it was a burglary. And from what I can gather most of the items stolen were out of the gunsmiths area.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn! I don't know how they would have even gotten into Williams. When they close up, that place is like a fortress. They have those steel curtains and such!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Ed's Archery (near Clio), less than a mile from my house, was also broken into a couple of weeks ago. Perps drove a truck right through the front door and helped themselves.

In addition, in the same general area, a home invasion was committed by an individual impersonating a police officer serving a fake search warrant, apparently with 2 accomplices.

Being that both of these incidents took place really close to my house , I sure am glad I have a dog and alarm, although I still am nervous when my my wife is home alone. When we talked about these incidents, she said she also would have opened the door for someone claiming to be an officer. That scares the hell out of me, but I probably would have, too.

Sure did make me take my practice shooting more seriously last week.

BD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top